You can type here any text you want

Sea Glass

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GSX-PKV

We live near Lake Michigan and my wife loves to walk along the beach looking for "sea glass", pieces of tumbled glass that wash up on the shore.

During an upcoming trip, we are going to stay at the Ko Olina Beach Club on Oahu and the Hilton Waikoloa Village on the big island and we were wondering if there were any good spots near those places where she could find sea glass on the shore or beach.

I know it's not Buick related but if anyone has any tips we'd appreciate it. Thanks, Paul

I don't think you'll find any Ko Olina, it's a man made lagoon with a break wall, so nothing washes upon the beaches there. To the left of there, it's too rocky,so nothing there either. It's been ages since I've been to the Waikaloa.

I do know where to find "beer bottles" on the shore..... but I'm sure that's not what you're looking for.:eek: Just kidding

I'd try the North Shore side.

Maybe Diamond Head? Forget about Waikiki or Ala Moana beach, as they both are machine cleaned every day. I would think that any glass would be sifted out.

Maybe Diamond Head? Forget about Waikiki or Ala Moana beach, as they both are machine cleaned every day. I would think that any glass would be sifted out.

Daimond head, Kailua, Haleiwa,... north shore sides have better surf and thus better sea glass.

I thought you were looking for glass balls... :biggrin:

Back