You can type here any text you want

Sealing the stock metal intake gasket?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

davidf

Does it require something on either/both sides? Maybe some sorta spray sealer? Thank you.

Copper coat on both sides and a swmear of rtv around the water jacket holes.

Also make sure and put a nice gob o sealant in the corners (head to block rail in the 4 corners)

gasket

have been reusing the same gasket since i have owned my cars .Just use the above mentioned procedure and nooo problem ..:cool:

Word! I love re-using that gasket and not having to rebuy it everytime.

me too

have been reusing the same gasket since i have owned my cars .Just use the above mentioned procedure and nooo problem ..:cool:

Look out!!!! The experts are going to eat you alive.

I HAVE reused them, BUT.......for less than $30 you KNOW it'll seal. (assuming that you didn't deck the block or heads too much and you are using the stock head gaskets) If you milled the block, heads and are using thinner head gaskets, you gonna have to TRIG things out. (TRIG = triginometry- measure things carefully and have the manifold cut, or it WILL leak.)

The Felpro gasket came in today. Seems to have a nice rubberize coating on it unlike the OEM I took off.

same

Have reused same intake and head gaskets :eek: for many times.I do same for my "Naturally" aspirated motors -reuse,reuse ..:biggrin:

If you milled the block, heads and are using thinner head gaskets, you gonna have to TRIG things out. (TRIG = triginometry- measure things carefully and have the manifold cut, or it WILL leak.)

Here's something I drew up a couple months ago that put another 1000 words or so...

44351d1265692326-machine-intake-mr.-manifold.jpg

Back