Seat bracket question...(Regals and other Gs at the yard)

Tweek's Turbos

Somebody beat me to the ECU, but I was able to snag the grill springs.

I plan on going back for the front and rear bumper trim.

Big question is, are the seat brackets the same on 60/40 split or bench seats the same as used on the Bucket seats in the GN? Or should I find another G body with Bucket seats?

FYI, the first 2 sentences deal with a V6 Regal maybe 85 or 86. It had the 60/40 split seat and am wondering if the seat brackets, are the same for bucket seat cars.

Been awhile since I did this but I believe they are different. Also the floor mounts that are tack welded to the floor are different for the inner mounts.

I'm going to grab some odds and ends, like trim and the fuel tank. Along with any other goodies I snag, I spotted it it Tues, but wasn't expecting to find a big haul of stuff, hence the trip back tomorow.

The seat brackets or tracks and the mounts welded to the floor ARE the same between buckets and a 60/40 split bench.

The seat brackets or tracks and the mounts welded to the floor ARE the same between buckets and a 60/40 split bench.

I second that, as I have bolted in bucket seats where the 60/40 split seats were removed. The power seat unit from the drivers side of a 60/40 seat probably would bolt onto the drivers side bucket seat.

Power seat tracks

I took the power seat tracks out of an '88 Olds 98. The tracks and all the power mechinizm are the same as a TR. Only the mounts that are rivited to the tracks were different. With a little filing and tweaking they fit right on my floor studs. I also added a stud by drilling through the froor. The trim that came off the Olds fit perfect so you can't see the mounts or the new stud anyway. So presto, I now have a power seat in my Turbo-T for $20. When I tried to buy one off the board guys were quoting me anywhere from $150 to $300. I found several other GM cars in the mid to late '80s that had the same power track setup. It's just a matter of modifying the mounts.

Power seat

Forgot to add, if you're converting your manual seat to a power you'll need to buy the side trim panel that hold the 6 way controls. Kirban sells them new for $50, part #7198.