You can type here any text you want

see pics with 10" rear wheels with 4.5 back spacing

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I posted some pictures in the thread entitled "16"x8" gnx knock-offs" showing pictures of some 16"x10" wheels with a rear spacing of 4.25". The first picture (on the left) shows the wheel mounted on the car without ANY spacer...and the second (on the right), WITH a 1.25" thick spacer...You can the tires don't stick out of the car too much (at least, for me! :D ) I just put a spacer just for fun to see how it would look, NOT because there was a tire against frame issue. This wheel / tire combo CAN easily be used without spacers.
I think that a wheel with a rear spacing of 4.50" OR MORE (!) will put the tire very close to the frame and you might end up having to use a spacer, like it or not...

Claude .:)

may buy a set, but want to see how far they stick out first!!! anyone?

Hmmm

Picture didn't load? Try again.

Attachments

• Street car  Billet wheels.jpg
    Street car Billet wheels.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 816
Picture didn't load? Try again.

Can you get a Closeup Shoot No mods to Frame or wheel well.? Is that a 15x10 with a 4.5 backspacing no wheel well mods no rubbing you are not running wheel
spacers. What size tire are you running. Those wheels are sweet. Is the tire bow tite with 4.5 backspace by the frame that Picture would be grate to. I wanted
to see if tires clear the wheel well trim with out cutting on the side wall of the tires.

side view 9x30 tall ET-drag #3066

Here is a side view It has a 9" with disc and fender lip rolled.

Attachments

• ET drag 9x30 on 15x10 street lite 4.5 backspace.jpg
    ET drag 9x30 on 15x10 street lite 4.5 backspace.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 773
Side view

Another

Attachments

• Street lites side view.jpg
    Street lites side view.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 763
anyone else with 10" wheel and 4.5 backspacing? i found another set of wheels, some mickey thompson wheels that i really like for a good deal but there 10" 4.5 bs.... anymore pics??? thanks.

I'm with Eric, I think they'll stick out a good bit. Leave that look for the Camaro and Monte SS guys!

I run a 15x10 with a 28x10.50x15 ET Drag, and another set of wheels with 325/50/15 ET Streets and this is with 5" backsacing AND a frame notch.

Pictures & specs here:
Wheels & Tires

-Banning.

15X8 with 3.5 BS = 4.5 inches from the hub to the lip of the rim
This is what I have and it sticks does work well with the fender trim and a 275/60/15 MT DR. I might try the 255/60/15 MT DR for a better fit.

My friend Peter has some 15X8 with a 4inch BS and that seems to be the hot ticket.

15X10 with 4.5 BS = 5.5 inches from the hub to the lip of the rim.
Some people run this but IMO it sticks out way too much!

15x10" wheel with 4" backspacing on a 28x12.5" ET Street.

I use airbags to keep the fender lip off the tire. the edge of the tire lines up with the edge of the fender, but there is about 1/2" space between the inside of the tire and the frame rail.

A friend of mine (JC's GN) has 4.5" spacing and it is close on the inside, but he says it doesn't hit. For his car, the outside of the tire still hits the fender lip, but removing the moulding and maybe rolling the lip will help (?)

Attachments

• Oct-LaunchSmall.JPG
    Oct-LaunchSmall.JPG
    33.3 KB · Views: 437
  • Oct14-small.JPG
    Oct14-small.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 446
I'm with Eric, I think they'll stick out a good bit. Leave that look for the Camaro and Monte SS guys!
Banning.

yup !!! X2 !!! :eek: some think they fit some don''t.. I don't care to have the tire sticking out at all .. We drive our cars and I can't see how people can have them that close to the wheel well .. It HAS to rub unless ya have air bags or "air shocks" (for the old people in here) :p

Back