selling a car for....?

kaj

I came upon a great deal on an 83 t-type made to look like a GN. I intend to part It out and triple my investment.. then thought maybe I should post it as a complete as someone may be looking for a project.
Anyway. Classified rules state I have to list a price. I have NO clue what to ask. Here are the details as I know them:

Straight body. No rust. No dents. Faded black paint.
Cracked passenger-side front window.
Engine does not run due to.....? I have yet to crack it open.
Generic aluminum wheels.
Unknown mileage. I'll check and post it when I know.
No rips or tears in interior. Grey cloth.
Everything else appears to be solid. Tranny is a ? As I'm unable to test It.

What would a vehicle like this sell for? I prefer to sell and not put in hours of labor to part out. Lol
Of course... back-up parts for my car wouldn't be a bad thing. :)

Probably worth $1500 to the right person, less to most people. Even in great original condition an 83 t type is probably worth 3500-4000. With a non-running car, mileage unknown, and bad paint probably isnt worth much. Good luck with it.

Probably worth $1500 to the right person, less to most people. Even in great original condition an 83 t type is probably worth 3500-4000. With a non-running car, mileage unknown, and bad paint probably isnt worth much. Good luck with it.

Mileage is unknown because I'm at work and the car isn't. :) as my OP says, I will post it when I find out.

Depends... How's about some pics? :)

Will do. I'm at work now with no access to my ftp site. I'll post pics tonight.

Maybe ill just part it out. Sounds like more money to be made that way.

I would say 87gninpa's assessment is pretty darn close. One thing that doesn't help the value if you part it.The 84-87 header panel, grill, headlight bezels and tail lights are more desireable and worth more $$.

1000-1200 maybe parted out as it sit 800-1000 if the person is buying it to use as parts car or project, is turbo 200R4 still in it, is original engine complete, body/pan rust Where are you located location dictates shipping cost Where are you located?

1000-1200 maybe parted out as it sit 800-1000 if the person is buying it to use as parts car or project, is turbo 200R4 still in it, is original engine complete, body/pan rust Where are you located location dictates shipping cost Where are you located?

Car is complete. I was told it needs a timing chain to run which I don't believe. I can't vouch for the condition of the trans nor engine. I assume the 400 and block are fine. No rust. All as I listed above.
Shipping varies between $600-1200 to most people. Depending on how soon you want a car to get somewhere.

83 ttype came with 200R4 built for turbo car carb was E4ME 4barrel elct controled for info only Try Pulling plug and valve cover hand crank will give you Ideal if chain still in place

83 ttype came with 200R4 built for turbo car carb was E4ME 4barrel elct controled for info only Try Pulling plug and valve cover hand crank will give you Ideal if chain still in place

i probably won't even go that far. the car is two hours and $100 in gas away. the guy wants $700 for the car. i don't think it would be worth my time to get it. for what? $300 in profit, or so? naw.
plus, if i tow the car home, it will have to sit in the driveway. my town will give you a citation for having a non-registered car visible from the street. i'm not taking my GN out of the garage to put this one in.
no no way. nuh uh. forget it.

sounds like phx area ticket for your trash cans out to long much less a non registered collector or parts car

sounds like phx area ticket for your trash cans out to long much less a non registered collector or parts car

yes. we get fined for leaving the bins out. the town next to us will fine you if your bins are visible from the street. thank god i don't live there. LOL

Not a bad deal for someone looking for a cheap driver or something to gut and make into a race car. I am with you on not putting it in the garage and letting the baby sit outside. I pass on lots of stuff due to that. Wish I had more $ and room, I would snag it up. One day I will build an all-out track car....

I 'am sorry lived in Ca off and on when are the people of Ca going to wake up? they are now fining farmer for their cows farting to much I understand? I can only feel for you We are destorying our past and our culture which cali was a big influence on hot rodding and car restoration, crusin in your classic the good old days wish I had the car I have room and would make room if I didn't 10 yrs ago county council tried that crap here no old cars in you fenced back yard much less the front we recalled the whole bunch in six days havn't had that problem since