You can type here any text you want

seriesI 3800 and gn style 3800 compatability

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

93parkave

93parkave
okay i had pretty much given up and trying to find parts for my series I n/a park ave project so i had my mind set on getting a series II built up next winter and dropping it in until i heard something through the grape vine about the gn style 3800 and a series I 3800 having internal engine component compatability and possible head compatability. i didn't hear the whole thing but i'm curious cuz i heard something about 400 horses without the supercharger or turbo and if i don't need to buy a series II to make that possible i'm all for it (i really hate wiring). so is this all b.s. or does this have some truth to it? BTW i'm not really as big of a moron as it may seem i just want some insight

any body?

The only compatible part is the rod bearings. 400hp without a turbo or supercharger was almost definitely with nitrous or somebodies wet dream. Think about LS engines that GM installed in cars. The LS1 offered in the vette wasnt even 400hp and it has 2 more cylinders and 116 more ci. Not saying you couldnt make 400hp on a NA 3800 just not with bolt on parts or very easily for that matter. Wiring would be the easiest chore you would have.

good point i was just hoping for another route to get some decent power. i have been looking around and i have no problem with spray to get the power but i can't find forged pistons. know anywhere to get a good set?

Back