Shift Kit for 200r4 - will it help?

DOUGGN

Anyone have any recommendation on a shift kit? I guess the real question is if a shift kit will help my transmission live longer, what's out there that is good and that I could maybe install myself. My car is in good running order. Mild modifications - see my sig.

thanks

YEs a shift kit will extended the life of teh trans by increase fluid psi and flow and changing the shifts to firmer (less slip). Best bang for Buck is the The California Performance Trans High tech Valve body kit and a .500 boost valve.

Anyone have any recommendation on a shift kit? I guess the real question is if a shift kit will help my transmission live longer, what's out there that is good and that I could maybe install myself. My car is in good running order. Mild modifications - see my sig.

thanks

Heat is the biggest killer to a 200-4R, install a Tran cooler first. I recommend the Hayden 1678. I would install a shift kit if it is stock and working well. A shift kit will not fix a failing Trans, but it will make a good working Trans last longer and handle more power. There are many varieties of shift kits available. I would recommend my custom kit designed by me for your car. I can supply you with the Trans cooler also. Feel free to give me a call and I will go over this with you....

YEs a shift kit will extended the life of teh trans by increase fluid psi and flow and changing the shifts to firmer (less slip). Best bang for Buck is the The California Performance Trans High tech Valve body kit and a .500 boost valve.

Is this something that can be installed by me or does it require transmission removal?

What does the .500 boost valve do?

I know nothing about the workings of an automatic transmission other than the very basics.

Heat is the biggest killer to a 200-4R, install a Tran cooler first. I recommend the Hayden 1678. I would install a shift kit if it is stock and working well. A shift kit will not fix a failing Trans, but it will make a good working Trans last longer and handle more power. There are many varieties of shift kits available. I would recommend my custom kit designed by me for your car. I can supply you with the Trans cooler also. Feel free to give me a call and I will go over this with you....

Dave - will try to give you a call tomorrow - have a few questions

Is this something that can be installed by me or does it require transmission removal?

What does the .500 boost valve do?

I know nothing about the workings of an automatic transmission other than the very basics.
\

If you are mechanically inclined its straight forward. Directions are very good.

As far as trans coolers go ...Long is a company and H7B is the part number for one of the best trans coolers out there and is who supplys B&M with theirs and they marked it up big time. Type in "Long transmission cooler H7B" on Ebay and its very well priced. Or go with Dave. Just another option