You can type here any text you want

Shift Kit

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Razor

Forum tech Advisor
Staff member
I tried searching before doing this and couldnt find the answer I was looking for...here goes.

I own a 1989 turbo T/A.The 1-2 shift is nice and firm.Problem is on WOT the 2-3 shift is a bit sluggish.It is a stock tranny with 17k miles on it.

Question I have is.... if there is a shift kit on the market that will firm up the 2-3 shift under WOT.And not "bang" while piddling around town cruising.And not "bang"1-2 while cruising around.

Art Carr,trans-go,superior,postons,etc....have shift kits.Do any of these or someone elses have the ability to tailor the shift,

Thanks

J.

Hello,

I have driven two differnt TTA's in the last month. They shifted as you desrcibed. I am not a fan of the "kits" out there. IF you insist on a shift kit, you might want to try Bruce's service. You can send him your valve body, and he can modify it for performance shifting.:D

Thanks,at least I know its not my trans :)

Can a shift kit be custom tailored in this aspect to not be harsh when normal driving?Or is the fix a high stall converter to soften the blow?

J.

Give me a call Razor. I've got a few tips to help that 2-3 shift with-out knocking your cap off into the back seat!

Thanks Mike,I'll hollar at ya tommorrow

Julio

Mike,thank you for the faxed instructions.Really :)

Not often do folks lend others a true helping hand.If I ever need tranny stuff done...you'll be my very first call.

Julio

Ps...not that i'm planning on having tranny probs,but it sure is great to deal with nice/competent people :D

Thanks Mike. Thanks for faxing him what he needed. I was about to post then saw you had it handled. Thanks again.........

Bruce
WE4
www.ptsnctb.com

Back