Shift Knob Dilemma

rickringle01

The shift knob on my T-type is floppy? It has been replaced once before, I have the original from previous owner. I can't find any info on the net concerning either a repair or replacement. Has anyone experienced a similar problem, and what was the fix? Do I just need to replace it?

Attachments

• turbotttypeshifters.jpg
    turbotttypeshifters.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 125
I had a similar problem. Mine was missing the horseshoe clip, so I figured that was the problem. The real problem, I later found out, was the actual shifter stalk was broken near the top. I've got a replacement but havent installed it yet. Might inspect that part before ordering a new handle. I'm glad I did...

I had a similar problem. Mine was missing the horseshoe clip, so I figured that was the problem. The real problem, I later found out, was the actual shifter stalk was broken near the top. I've got a replacement but havent installed it yet. Might inspect that part before ordering a new handle. I'm glad I did...

Same thing happened to mine - it was broken inside. A new one from Kirban just arrived yesterday.

Jim

i love the way marks look. very nice looking piece i would get one for my car but i have a colum shift.