You can type here any text you want

Shift Knob Dilemma

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

rickringle01

The shift knob on my T-type is floppy? It has been replaced once before, I have the original from previous owner. I can't find any info on the net concerning either a repair or replacement. Has anyone experienced a similar problem, and what was the fix? Do I just need to replace it?

Attachments

• turbotttypeshifters.jpg
    turbotttypeshifters.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 125
I had a similar problem. Mine was missing the horseshoe clip, so I figured that was the problem. The real problem, I later found out, was the actual shifter stalk was broken near the top. I've got a replacement but havent installed it yet. Might inspect that part before ordering a new handle. I'm glad I did...

I had a similar problem. Mine was missing the horseshoe clip, so I figured that was the problem. The real problem, I later found out, was the actual shifter stalk was broken near the top. I've got a replacement but havent installed it yet. Might inspect that part before ordering a new handle. I'm glad I did...

Same thing happened to mine - it was broken inside. A new one from Kirban just arrived yesterday.

Jim

i love the way marks look. very nice looking piece i would get one for my car but i have a colum shift.

Back