You can type here any text you want

Shifter Handle?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

marred4life

Banned
JUST RECIEVED A SHIFTER HANDLE KIT FROM GNVEE ON EBAY, IT COMES WITH THREE CHROME RINGS, SPRING, AND PLASTIC ROD THE GOES INSIDE THE T HANDLE, I ALREADY HAD A BRAND NEW T HANDLE, SO I ASSEMBLED THE HANDLE AND TRIED TO INSTALLED IT BUT IT SEEMS TO NOT GO DOWN ALL THE WAY, THE ACTUAL FLOOR SHIFTER STILL HAS THE PLASTIC ROD AND IS WORKING FINE, IS THERE ANY OTHER PIECE THAT I NEED :confused:

Threadjack

Sorry, but I'll get your post back ttt.

My car currently shifts with no real detente, by that I mean I can pull the handle w/o engaging the button. Any ideas why this is or how to fix?

Thanks,

EW

To answer the first guys question, Do you have the little retainer clip that holds the handle onto the rod?
For the second guy. You may check and see if your spring mechanism that pops up to latch the shifter in place is working properly. You will have to remove your console shift plate to see it. Sometimes they get stuck in the down position.

there is a sring on the bottom of rod so when you push the button it pushes down. pull your center plate up and you will see the bottom and where the spring goes probably broke

hope this helps!!!!!!!!!!!

NHRA-I had the same problem when I changed my shifter handle. It is very and simple to fix. Remove the center console(easy) and look at the mechanism on the shifter handle which you need to push in order to put the car in gear. There is a catch which is loose and is easily reattached. Let me know if you need more help-I have all manuals. Brad

NHRA Super Gas said:
Sorry, but I'll get your post back ttt.

My car currently shifts with no real detente, by that I mean I can pull the handle w/o engaging the button. Any ideas why this is or how to fix?

Thanks,

EW

Sometimes the shifter handle isn't pushed down all the way, not allowing the top slider in the T handle to make contact with plastic rod. If this is the case, it's probably due to the snap lock not engaged properly on the T handle.

See if you can pull the T handle off without disengaging the retaining clip.

The other explanations are probably right but if my possibility is correct, you won't have to take the consul out. :)

George

Thanks,

This kind of help from the online community is kind of what put me over the top on buying one. I'll take a look at it tonight.

EW

New handles are a little tight. Try pressing it all the way down. Be carefull, to much force will break the inner plastic structure. It is on all the way when you can put the C-clip in with out resistance. Also make sure the plastic tip on the end of the rod on the handle end is still there.

Sorry to jump on this post but I've gone through 3 stock shifter handles. The plastic shaft that fits onto the steel shift arm always cracks. The fit is too tight in the last 2 and tapping it down later puts stress on it.

I've seen these and wonder if they are a straight slide in?

http://www.buickgn.com/billet_aluminum_shifter_t.htm

GNIClasered.jpg

copo said:
Sorry to jump on this post but I've gone through 3 stock shifter handles. The plastic shaft that fits onto the steel shift arm always cracks. The fit is too tight in the last 2 and tapping it down later puts stress on it.

I've seen these and wonder if they are a straight slide in?

http://www.buickgn.com/billet_aluminum_shifter_t.htm

GNIClasered.jpg

I haven't used one of these spersonally on my car but I have several friends that have them and they are very happy.

I've bought several other parts from Mark. He has quality items and is great to work with. I'm very satisfied and happy with the quality of his stuff :)

George

Handle

Contact Mark at buickgn.com
I have one on my car
Easy to install,works and looks great no problems!

I got one of these shifter handles from Mark as well... Can't wait to put it on and get rid of the stocker :cool:

Attachments

• shiftersmall.JPG
    shiftersmall.JPG
    32.3 KB · Views: 167
Back