Shopping for my first handgun, need advice

IMHO, you can't beat Glock for *out of the box* reliability and accuracy. I've owned many different pistols including Berettas, Sigs, Colts and Rugers in .40, .45, .380, .38, .357 mag and 9mm. After cycling through quite a few, I finally settled on a Glock model 22 and I've carried it almost every day for years now.

Rob :cool:

heres mine kimber pro custom II and one of my custom knives I made.

Attachments

• Copy of DSCF0001.JPG
    Copy of DSCF0001.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 169
I like my Sig 226 9mm bought it cheap because the 10mm replaced it.
Hardly been fired not any more:D
Carry it as a side arm Deer/Bear hunting in Vt
(yes you can carry rifle and hand gun in VT)

I realllllly like the Glock 19. It had great balance, fired tight groups, and ran through 500 rounds at the range no problem.

I AGREE i love my glock 19, accurate and reliable. I've fired hundreds of rounds with no jams, I also have a kimber pro-tle/rl II and i love it alsol
i really feel it's got to be the best 45 on the market. i got a 40IWI ( isreali weapons industry) very good 40 cal-baby desert eagle and i have a Tauras pt-111 9mm nice handgun

for your first handgun if you feel the Kimber 45 is too big ( it is heavy)
I would definetly recommend a glock 19 -great! 9mm light too. and capable of having 15 in the clip too:D

First handgun

Glocks are excellent guns, but I would go with a Sig. They very reliable and accurate right out of the box. You can choose to shoot single or double action and they have decockers depending on which model you get. The Browning Hi-Power is my favorite. You can't go wrong with the Glock or Sig, they're both fine weapons. Go to your local gunshop and handle various guns and choose the one that feels most comfortable and has a proven record for reliabilty and accuracy. A 9mm is great first gun choice, cheap to shoot and ammo companies like Cor-bon, Federal make some very potent rounds for them now. Good Luck.

Chris