You can type here any text you want

Short but sweet....

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
URSPANKED- thank you for posting, I was begining to feel alone in my effort to show the potential of the Z06

blackbuick87-not sure where your going on me believing anything on other boards when my example for you was a 1/4 mile bulletin board WITH timeslips, not sure how much proof you need but other then being in the car or seeing it, this is about as close as it gets

I have seen majority of z06's runnin in the high 12's. Some low 13's w/ a bad launch. Not saying that i dont beleive it, I just have a hard time believing they're stock. A friend of mine is the head mechanic at a corvette only garage called usa corvette. He knows more about covettes than anybody ive met to date, and since hes been workin on them for quite a while I tend to beleive what he says. He has said that hes seen a very well driven factory freak run into the mid 12's but as stock go thats about it. But if they r really runnin into the 11's w. practice andfree mods then i may have to sell the gn and buy one:D

Not to start anything on my first post and all arguments are valid. Obviously driver is everything in racing. If the Vette smocked them through 1st gear, this scenario could happen easily. And they are extremly hard to launch due to the 3100 lbs. My grandma could still drive that car to a sub 13 sec pass though.

I once read an article on the 66 Ford Cobra 427 running high 11's to low 15's depending on whether it roasted the tires the whole 1/4 mi or just half. Driver is everything.

I believe it. Anything can happen on the street, especially only running through TWO gears. Hell, the other day I smoked a Bullit GT in my dad's '00 Caddy STS.

Originally posted by Cleaner13
URSPANKED- thank you for posting, I was begining to feel alone in my effort to show the potential of the Z06

blackbuick87-not sure where your going on me believing anything on other boards when my example for you was a 1/4 mile bulletin board WITH timeslips, not sure how much proof you need but other then being in the car or seeing it, this is about as close as it gets

You are completely missing my point. Yes a ZO6 will run low 12's and even an occasional high 11. That has been proven and I do not dispute this. And I never said everyone on the bulletin boards are lying. 95% of them probably have the timeslips to back their claims.

But how many countless runs did it take to get those times?
:confused: That is their best after tons of practice on a prepared track. That is NOT what those cars will run at the stoplight on the the corner of 5th and Main. Do you have any idea how hard it is to get a good launch with a 6 speed, tires with almost no sidewall and IRS? Do you know how to powershift a 6 speed? These are skills that must be mastered, and you have to drive the car like you hate it. I cant do it for sure, and neither can 95% of the population. URSPANKED admitted his kid had to work hard to get those fantastic times, which are fantastic BTW.

In street racing 13 sec cars beat 12 sec cars all the time, and the fact that this race was over almost before it began favors the GS big time. A stock GS would have been obviously a BS call, but this dude's GS is faster than half of all TR's. Once I found out his mods I knew it was possible.

Hey guys, I didn't mean to start a $hit storm.

The point was I was trying to make is;

I scared the Corvette enough, not to come back up to challange me again.

Yes it was only two gears, but I waited for him to step back up, and he didn't. I know I would probably have a hard time keeping up with him in 3-6th gear.......

He didn't know that. :cool:

Good kill no matter what happened.

Don't want to call B.S. on your story either. But, a couple of questions. Are you sure it was a Z06 and not either a regular coupe or a 99 or 2000 FRC (the predecesor to the z06)? Regular Vettes are a bit slower than a Z06.

Again, not trying to cause a storm either. Just wanted to get all the facts. Again, you may have beat a Z06. But in looking at the stats on your car if you did, it would be that you beat the driver, not the car. That is not to say a kill isn't a kill. But, the Z06 is lighter and has more HP than a GS (even a modded one).

As for launching a Z06. In my first pass ever in the car with 1100 miles on the odometer my car ran a 2.03 60' / 12.77@ 110 leaving at just off idle (1100 rpms) and granny shifting on the first pass down the track. After a total of 9 passes in the car I had it down to 1.9 60' / 12.30's @ 113. After working on my launch technique (lets say about another 6-8 passes I had clocked off a 1.85 60' / 11.933 @ 114.52.

Z06s are not that hard to launch. Clutch slip/ clutch release is the key thing. I have cut a 1.74 60' on the stock radials. I have cut a 1.61 60' on ET Streets.

Here is the thread on my rececent 1.675 60' / 11.596@118.53 pass.

http://www.z06vette.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30089

Again, good kill no matter what it was, or who was driving...

Originally posted by J-Rod
Good kill no matter what happened.

Don't want to call B.S. on your story either. But, a couple of questions. Are you sure it was a Z06 and not either a regular coupe or a 99 or 2000 FRC (the predecesor to the z06)? Regular Vettes are a bit slower than a Z06.

Again, not trying to cause a storm either. Just wanted to get all the facts. Again, you may have beat a Z06. But in looking at the stats on your car if you did, it would be that you beat the driver, not the car. That is not to say a kill isn't a kill. But, the Z06 is lighter and has more HP than a GS (even a modded one).

As for launching a Z06. In my first pass ever in the car with 1100 miles on the odometer my car ran a 2.03 60' / 12.77@ 110 leaving at just off idle (1100 rpms) and granny shifting on the first pass down the track. After a total of 9 passes in the car I had it down to 1.9 60' / 12.30's @ 113. After working on my launch technique (lets say about another 6-8 passes I had clocked off a 1.85 60' / 11.933 @ 114.52.

Z06s are not that hard to launch. Clutch slip/ clutch release is the key thing. I have cut a 1.74 60' on the stock radials. I have cut a 1.61 60' on ET Streets.

Here is the thread on my rececent 1.675 60' / 11.596@118.53 pass.

http://www.z06vette.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30089

Again, good kill no matter what it was, or who was driving...

The Z06 emblem and the CF wheels sort of gave it away. :)

I usually have a low 1.9x 60'.

Nice times with the Z06!

Ok, I had to ask the question though. Many times owners of both regular coupes and 99 and 2000 FRCs will buy repro wheels, and put in the front screens (and sometimes the rear ducts). Most however don't put on the badges.

So, you get stories about killing a Z06 based upon the wheels the car had on it when in fact it is an automatic coupe, or something of that nature. That is the reason I asked. Many regular coupes/'verts are only in the low 13's. So, with your posted times, I felt like that would be a fairly close race with the info you posted earlier.

Anyhow, congrats...

Originally posted by Cleaner13
sorry man
that time is no where near enough for a Z06
they do 12.00s stock
in fact one at englishtown I saw that was bone stock ran to a 11.87
so sorry but I would have to call bull****, even if it is a C5 they do mid 12s so cant believe the story

Went to a track rental last year and witnessed most of the C5's running low 13's and even had a few Z06's there running mid-high 12's. A LOT depends on the 'DRIVER,' and track conditions. Track conditions left a lot to be desired that day which probably resulted in the slow times. You can't make a statement like "they do 12.0's stock," as that may be possible, but not probable. Lots of variables to take into consideration here. KB

I apologize
I didnt mean every driver was capable
I meant every car was capable and kind of just assumed (wrong thing to do) that anyone driving that car would know what the hell they are doing

my apologizes

Carl

Back