You can type here any text you want

Should I replace the valve springs ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Mrneg9

Get Some !
Hey guys. My 87 now has 59,000 on it. I'm running a stock ported turbo with 42lb injectors,tt chip, 3 inch down pipe. Running about 15 to 16 lbs of boost. My question is: Would I benefit at all throwing in a set of Kirban valve springs. I have a set of them I bought off a member a while back sitting in a box. Is it worth the time doing it or will it make no difference with my set up ? Thanks.

Yes it will run better. I just did mine last year and was skeptical as to whether it would make a difference and it did. The car feels stronger all around. The original Springs lose something over there age in time. The biggest difference I noticed was the top and carpool murder all the way through third.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Car pulled harder all the way through third.

If your car is still on the original 25 year old springs it would not hurt to do so. Here's Turbo Tom's video if your thinking of doing it yourself

Yes it will run better. I just did mine last year and was skeptical as to whether it would make a difference and it did. The car feels stronger all around. The original Springs lose something over there age in time. The biggest difference I noticed was the top and carpool murder all the way through third.

I like how it was posted first. I had no idea what the hell you were saying, but the images in my head of you in the car pool lane had me laughing so hard coffee came out my nose.

I still have images in my head of you driving in third gear, foot to the floor with a gun out the window shooting everything you pass!! LOL

I like how it was posted first. I had no idea what the hell you were saying, but the images in my head of you in the car pool lane had me laughing so hard coffee came out my nose.

I still have images in my head of you driving in third gear, foot to the floor with a gun out the window shooting everything you pass!! LOL

THIS IS A WARNING!! Stay out of the carpool lane if you see a GN coming! You never know!

Stock valve springs where pretty weak when new. Always a good upgrade.

Would use the Comp 980's over the Kirban springs with a original stock cam.

Joe

These aren't naturally aspirated engines. If the valve springs aren't up to snuff...then the car will fall on its face in high gear. 980's are fine for the street. Repeated track duty is another story. Talk to your machinist about the goals for your car.

Back