Should I run a rear sway bar?

turbosam6

My cars suck
I've heard of some guys running their cars with no rear sway bar for drag racing. Does this help, or is it too dangerous? My car is set up for drag racing, so it doesn't matter how it handles, body roll, etc. Thanx.

no rear sway bar on a TR? you gotta be kidding! The bigger the better......

maybe you are thinking about the front bar? That one you can lose if all is set up properly....

the rear one is the most inportent it helps transfer the power to both wheels not just the pasanger side

george

ya i coulda swore i read in gmhtp about a that low milage white T that only has like 800 miles and it said that they got rid of both bars. maybe it was a typo but i've never heard of anyone doing that.

Yeah I saw that article too. It does claim that he did ditch the rear, and one of the photos (on the last page of that article) indeed looks like it is not there.

Steve

well, maybe he had coil overs?

our 4 link just won't work very well without a rear bar....guess you could compensate with air bags.....

My 87 Gn has a ATR 1 3/8" swaybar (rear). Installed by the original owner. Plants the rear tires pretty good.

Ron

Originally posted by azgn
well, maybe he had coil overs?

our 4 link just won't work very well without a rear bar....guess you could compensate with air bags.....

Or he could have an anti-roll bar that works better on a drag strip than a sway bar.

Woody, remember we tried running w/o a rear sway bar couple years ago, only one trip to the track that way?. Made for an "A-ticket" ride!

My rear bar was broken when I bought my car. It was a wheel hooping SOB until I put on an ATR rear bar and the hopping went away. I can only guess they added a Wolf style rear bar so they trashed the stock set up.