You can type here any text you want

single 12"???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

bro_d_83

I am thinking of going all Alpine. I have in mind of getting a single 12" Alpine Type-R dual 4 ohms with a 350 watt mono Alpine amp. See, the amp puts out 350 rms in 2 ohms and the subwoofer, wired in parallel, would be 2 ohms and asks for 300 rms power, and of course putting it in the recommended sealed enclosure it asks for. I want a nice SQ set-up, but want some "ooomfff" when I ask for it....think it would be a good set-up for me in the trunk of my '87 Grand National? Give me your imput on the whole deal. Thanks!

~Brodie~

I have one single 12" Pioneer sub in a custom sealed enclosure. It has alot of oomph even though the amp is underpowered.

Scott

I have a alpine 10" type r sub runnning off a mrv320 alpine amp in the trunk of my GN and it hits very hard for a 10, it hits harder than most of my friends single 12" units. I really like the alpine subs. I think it would sound great man.

If you run the coils in Parallel it will be a 2 ohm load if you wire in series it will be 8ohm.

If the amp is bridged the actual ohm load will be 1 ohm and 4 ohm, respectivly.

If your amp is 1 ohm stable it will work fine. If it is 2 ohm stable you may have problems!

If your amp is 2 ohm stable only get a dual 8 ohm sub or a single 4 ohm

If you go with one sub i'd do a Kicker Solo Baric L7 10". I had one 10" in a ported box with a kicker ZR240 amp and it was LOUD and CLEAR. Louder than my friends 2 12" JL Audios. I took it out and sold it tho to save weight. :(

10in Infinity Perfect

Thats what I have in my car. I have a 250.2 RF amp(bridged) with the bass knob. Man it pounds better than my old system (2 10in MTX 6000's)

Edit: By "pounds" I mean for a single ten inch sub (or even two:eek: )

im very happy with my 3 jl audio 10w6's powered by a autotek stealth amp.

surej

Back