Single Nozzle SMC vs. Dual Nozzle kit

Murt TTA

Condoms prevent minivans
I am trying to decide between a single nozzle vs. dual nozzle SMC kit. My combo is a pte-44, 42 lb injectors, 2800 stall, THDP, RJC power plate. Whats the advantage of having dual nozzles? I don't plan on running a ton of boost, and I can also get 94 octane here.
Thanks,
Murt

I have about the same set up as you(44,THDP,43.5 LBS). I have the single nozzle kit and run about 24-25 psi. I works great,just alittle knock when you first step into it. Other than that its great,makes the car a whole lot funnier to drive:D

Scott

You can see my GN and WE4 combos below and I run dual in both! Guess either one or two will work!

I've got a dual nozzle kit in both my cars. Advantage is being able to use smaller jets so you get a finer spray to atomize better while being able to flow more volume. It came with size 20 jets.

Steve recommends duals in a 11 sec or faster car. For most people the single nozzle kit is adequate for the job.

I have a dual set up coming from Steve. I am running a TE44, 009's, ported irons, Comp 212/212, T&D's, Power Plate, big neck I/C, etc. I am running 19psi. of boost now on 93 oct. Can't wait to install the alky.!

Now I need some tuning tips.???

I have almost the same combo minus the power plate and converter. Chech my sig for my ET. That was with the pump speed at only half with 0 kr on 94 Sunoco.

If you want to grow into a dual kit, call Steve and order different nozzles as someone mentioned. The single nozzle kit typically ships with a 15 pound nozzle, the dual with two 10s. Its true that if you run the pump speed too low then you won't get a proper spray and will lose many of the benefits of the system. But Steve can ship you a dual setup with two 7 pound nozzles which duplicates the stock single nozzle setup. Heck ask him to include the normal 10 pounders and you're done with it. Just switch them out as your build grows. ;) That's what I did anyways. Steve's a great guy. Call him and he'll point you in the right direction. I will be running my dual nozzle setup on a basically stock GN this Summer. Good luck.

I'm running the dual setup. I upgraded from the single, but I upgraded when Steve had his accident, so I only got one 10lb nozzle. So I am running with one 10lb nozzle and one 15 lb nozzle. When I have it set at 26 lbs of boost, I have the pump speed at 9, but if I turn down the boost a couple of pounds I have to turn down the pump speed to about 5-6.

What's a 7 lb. nozzel?????............is that 7 lbs. per hour, or 7 gallons per hour @ 100 psi............. Or is that how much the nozzel weighs? Or is it just stamped 7 lbs. to confuse everyone? Please only answer if you know for sure. Thanks.

Dual Nozzle Kit...

I have the dual kit, and Steve sent me two extar nozzles on request... they say MW5 and MW7 on the side... Is it better to run the finer mist nozzles? I would think so... One other question... they are different sizes? Why? So I can install a smaller one on the side that gets most of the alky, and the other to the side that gets less?

QuickturboV6,
How are you getting away with that much boost on a single nozle kit? What kind of WOT timing does your chip have? Right now with a stock turbo, injectors, Jay Carter street 93, and 92 octane gas, I can run a max of 21-22 psi with the pump speed set on max (100% denatured)! Maybe it's the fact that you have larger injectors....I don't know???? I have plans for a TE44 and MSD 50's real soon......we'll see then what kind of boost I can run then. I am really enjoying this alky, much cheaper than buying 114 by the drum and a new 02 sensor everytime to the track:)

More or less?

Orion, there is no more/less sides to the kit. There is 1 line from the pump to the "Y" block where the single line goes to 2 lines. The pressure is the same at both nozzles. Therefore, the control is the size of the nozzle..
Given the velocity that the intake air is moving at 25 psi of boost, the "atomization" is fairly well done, regardless of nozzle size, short of flooding the engine. Then you would see liquid falling out of suspension and puddling in the intake tract. AKA: bogging the motor!!
BTW, I have an SMC single kit and a dual nozzle conversion in stock, if anyone needs it.. FRESH from SMC!! Same prices as SMC.