You can type here any text you want

Single or double bead lock?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Yes I did. I had them on the rear of my 1972 Suncoupe.

I sold the car last fall is now In Hastings, MI

redcar%203-13-16_zpsyxdwh6er.png
Car looked great. What did it run and what was the 60ft times?

Car looked great. What did it run and what was the 60ft times?

Even though it had 3.90 rears in the rear, it did 1.51 60-footwith a 3500 RPM converter. It is a great street car. It got pretty violent after I changed to a 4000 RPM stall converter. I did not get a time after that change.

It was a street-friendly mid-10 second car.

I have Champion Billet wheels with a single beadlock . There was no change in 60' from non beadlock and no unusual tread wear . I'm at 1.54 60' right now . I don't see how a beadlock would effect the sidewall unless the tire was slipping on the rim . It only clamps the bead to the rim , not reinforce the side wall . Call Champion and ask . They will call you if you order just to confirm sizes , dimensions , colors , beadlock style , and so on . Don't forget your lugs !!
View attachment 298113
Compare the ripples in each sidewall after a few passes when you start going in the 1.2 and faster 60's and get back to me.

1.2 or faster 60' is not a typical street car , and I agree at that level of performance and double beadlock would be required .

Back