Slider's E85 Conversion - "Hold my Beer and watch this!"

sd-slider

NOWUFFO
Finally making the switch to E85. Have several stations that have opened up within a mile of the house so there are no longer any excuses. :p

Starting out with a 40K unopened stock motor with the following enhancements:

- New valve springs
- Fuel pump HW kit
- Accufab AFPR
- Anco wiper blades
- Power Logger w/ SM

Picked up the Racetronix TR fuel line kit from Boost Crew Motorsports , have a set of 80lb TT squirters w/ chip, and a DW300 pump on a new Spectra fuel hanger. I also have a very dusty Duttneck IC on the shelf that I'll drop in as well.

The plan is to braze the AN bungs onto the feed and return lines on the hanger and let everything rip!

Although I have a 3" RJC DP flowing through an ATR cat and stock exhaust, I still need a little more air in than the stock airbox is allowing. Looking for ideas on the CAI using the stock MAF. :)

Stay tuned...

Finally making the switch to E85. Have several stations that have opened up within a mile of the house so there are no longer any excuses. :p

Starting out with a 40K unopened stock motor with the following enhancements:

- New valve springs
- Fuel pump HW kit
- Accufab AFPR
- Anco wiper blades
- Power Logger w/ SM

Picked up the Racetronix TR fuel line kit from Boost Crew Motorsports , have a set of 80lb TT squirters w/ chip, and a DW300 pump on a new Spectra fuel hanger. I also have a very dusty Duttneck IC on the shelf that I'll drop in as well.

The plan is to braze the AN bungs onto the feed and return lines on the hanger and let everything rip!

Although I have a 3" RJC DP flowing through an ATR cat and stock exhaust, I still need a little more air in than the stock airbox is allowing. Looking for ideas on the CAI using the stock MAF. :)

Stay tuned...

Ditch the stock MAF .. its junk

Thanks.

Unfortunately I'll have to roll with the stocker until It craps out. I still have plenty of mods to buy, so that money is needed elsewhere.

Well quit blowing money on Fuel line kits you don't need :) .. that would pay for your CAI and LS MAF / Translator which you actually need :)

Ditch the stock MAF .. its junk

Thanks.

Unfortunately I'll have to roll with the stocker until It craps out. I still have plenty of mods to buy, so that money is needed elsewhere.
Well quit blowing money on Fuel line kits you don't need :) .. that would pay for your CAI and LS MAF / Translator which you actually need :)

Fuel lines were at no cost to me. Just trying to get back in a rhythm after a few years away from wrenching on my girl.

Got my bungs welded on and monkeying with various ways to mount the pump to the new hanger.

I have seen zip-ties, hose clamps, etc. to affix the pump to the hangar. The major concerns seem to be the transfer of vibration to the hanger and/or "stressing" the shell of the pump potentially impacting performance and expediting pump failure.

What is the best way to secure the pump these days?

Attachments

• bungs.jpg
    bungs.jpg
    926.4 KB · Views: 293
  • hanger-dw300.jpg
    hanger-dw300.jpg
    774.3 KB · Views: 310
How many SoCal E85 conversions on the road? Ones that are "properly" registered and run through the semi-annual emissions orgy paces...?

I have similar setup, the 300 is great but difficult to place on stock style hanger! If you can get it in without losing fuel gauge reading.....tight fit!

Anyone running the 3.5" LS1 MAF with a stock turbo/inlet?

Picking up a translator and MAF and don't want to throw away any extra air if I don't have to...

I am running flex fuel with a sd2 chip . And I have to drive 45min to the roxford chevron station to het my e85 . I ended up acquiring a 55gallon drum that I fill up .