You can type here any text you want

Snow Flake Billet Rims available from Year One

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Hot Air

E85 and S.E./Carolinas Moderator
Staff member
Year One is making billet 17" and 18" snow flake (TransAm) wheels that look killer. Saw this in the current Hot Rod Magazine article on the Bandit T/A's. Visit the Year One site.
Conrad Carter

I saw these things personally on the HOTROD POWER Tour......and THEY ARE TRULY AWESOME!!!:eek: :D love the look of Bandit1 and these wheels ARE awesome...wonder what they would look like on a T:confused:

As an aside, Pontiac always did have the best looking factory mags. Besides the snowflake that appeared in 1977 and the WS6 wheel a year later with the wide lip, anyone remember the older Polycast honeycomb wheel? That was a great looking wheel on either a Trans-Am, GTO, or even a Grand Prix.

Now.... back to your regularly scheduled program..... :cool:

Those honeycombs were cool looking but heavy!

any pics?! Ive been trying to find some pics online but no luck:confused:

I checked out their website earlier, but still havent had any luck finding them :confused:

Nevermind, finally found them! They look awesome!! Paint the inserts black, nice.... :cool:

Now Year One offers a remake of the original snowflake cast wheel for about $700.00 per set of 4. Available in 15x8 or 17x9, in gold, silver or black. The 17x9's have a 4 7/8th inch backspace so we would probably have to run spacers and they will weigh more compared to GTA or their billet wheels. I am very tempted to order a set of 17x9's. M/T offers a P275/40R17 drag radial. Man that would be cool! I would like to see a GN with a set of snowflakes on it before I do it. Anyone know of any pictures?

YearOne Online Shopping

Seems like I recall seeing that you can order custom BS'ing!
Conrad

Wow the price has come down quite a bit. They were all super expensive when the BRE TA first came out.

any pics?! Ive been trying to find some pics online but no luck:confused:

here ya go.. just "imagine" a door on the car :p

Attachments

• junk3.JPG
    junk3.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 512
wait

here ya go.. just "imagine" a door on the car :p

Was that the original 87 twin turbo gnx prototype that they used in the smokey & the bandit movie? I am sure it is because the door flew off when it jumped the river :rolleyes:

I thought it was another 12k mile carport find. Those rims don't look too bad on a GN. I had a 79 T/A with gold ones and loved them on that car.

Was that the original 87 twin turbo gnx prototype that they used in the smokey & the bandit movie? I am sure it is because the door flew off when it jumped the river :rolleyes:

ahhhh...so you did see the movie. Ya it was 1 of the dual turbo'd "X"s .. I think I have the only other one here to:cool:

Thanks for the picture Grumpy. I think the black centers with a 17 inch wheel will look good. Conrad - they told me the billet wheels could be ordered with any back space but I did not ask about the the 17x9 wheels . The web site shows them at 4 7/8ths. I will call them back and ask if the b/s can be custom.

a little pricey. they look sweet on those retro mod T A's, but not on the GN for me.

Back