So this is where the T Type Housonians...

R

rowdy

Are Hiding...

Laugh.

Ok, I have some questions. First off let me say I love the Turbo T's and am in the search for one with a low budget. Prolly in the 3K range, but we'll see. I have some people looking at the auctions for me.

But I need some honest no BS answers, and figure who else to ask but my local friendly Houston and Texas Buick drivers. I figure I'll just throw the questions down as I think of them, and see who can tell me what.

Now we all know mid to late 80's GM vehicles are infamous for electrical problems...this hold true with these cars?

I don't know JACK about working on cars. Nadda. I can change my oil, tires, wash and wax, battery, etc...etc...That is about my limit when it comes to working on them. Not that I mind learning, I just don't have a place to do it. Condo's frown on crawling in, around and under your car inthe carports around here. How limiting is this with these beautiful cars?

Are there any real good tuners/shops in the area for the Turbo T's?

What happened the local Houston Buick Club?

Well hopefully this will get some response....

Look foreward to hearing from and meeting y'all..

Jeff

Houston, TX

Hey Jeff

There are a number of people in the Houston area that can help you learn about these cars.

Second I know it's more than what you said you wanted to pay but Conley's have a white T-type for sale that mech. is sound and has been sitting for a couple of years, but has been started and moved around. The body needs some work (bumper fillers and could use some paint but the body is stright. The cars only owner up until now was James Hartless who use to be a mech. for Conley's and went back to working on aircraft and was transfured to west Texas.

I think they are asking $5,500 but are in the process of going to have it painted and fixed up to 1st class so the longer they have it and the more work that is done to it the more it's going to cost.

As far as learning about these cars Lawrence and many of the members of the HBC will help you do most anything you want to on the car, there a bunch of great people.

Take Care

NastyGN...

Thanks for the response...I am hoping to meet up with some of the Houston Buick people. I figure it can't get better than having some people locally to pick brains...laugh.

As for the Conley T Type...I had planned on purchasing one in the 10-12 range, but I bought a condo instead...yes yes..I know...what was I thinking, but it really was too good of a deal to pass up.

So I'm sitting back, looking at available cash, and getting real tired of bracket racing a 16 second truck. The Conley sounds like one hell of a deal, but it would take me another two to three months to put down that additional scratch...and I'm getting impatient..laugh. I took a week off the beginning of August to hook a trailer up to the steadfast GMC, and go in search of my new toy.

I know there are deals out there in the range I'm looking, just have to find them...and hope they haven't sold by next week.

So you know, the title doesn't mean a whole lot to me, I want one of course, but salvage, theft recovery,whatever, doesn't matter to me...as long as the frame, and general mechanics are in good shape, it's not a basket case and the seats are fat friendly, I'm good. Dings, dents and creases are something I can fix, and I have a real good body man in my pocket...he can match champagne and autumnwood colors perfectly (rare, very rare)...and he works for very reasonable prices.

So keep an eye out....I'm more than willing to drive to Cali or NY if the right car presents itself..

Thanks,

Jeff

When you are ready for a serious tuner talk to kyle at the House of Speed. They just got finished doing my motor and it runs like a raped ape!!! The house of speed is a good group of intelligant and honest guys. They won't rip you off and their work is amazing. I would not trust anyone else with my car.

Sam Sloan

Believe it or not I actually know Kyle....he does alot of work for some of the HALO boys. I run with them at CCB in Sealy now. Good group of guys...

If you can get the chip off their shoulder...laugh.

I was thinking House of Speed or going to MadMan....either way...I doubt I'll be dissapointed...

Now to find the car...I found one in NJ, 87 GN theft recovery that he claims runs very well, has a few outer blemishes, but he hasn't titled it since auction...so I'm looking to see if it's a realistic option...

anybody know anything about buying theft recovery cars from PD auctions?

He only wants 3500, which I can swing....just want to cover my bases...