You can type here any text you want

So what are you going to do when / if you win the $1.3 Billion Powerball Lottery on Wed 13 January

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

whitehot1

I was watching on the news and they were asking people what they would do with the money if they won.

It was reported that with all the tickets sold only 75% of the combinations of numbers were picked for this drawing Saturday night.

A person with one $2.00 ticket has as much chance to win as those who spend thousands of dollars on tickets. But you have to have at least one ticket to be in the hunt for the money.(y)

Last edited:
I read the "fine print" about what the winner REALLY gets...Most likely, a bunch less than the advertised amt. {Google Powerball}. As usual, the slicky boys running the lottos always hedge their bets..
As for winning, this "no winner" drawing only reinforces the idea that actually winning is a looooong shot, at best. Chances have been elevated from "hit by lightning, to bitten by a shark" :hilarious: As frantic as the buying was, not even 1 person had the combo??

I'd buy an encrypted comm system, to avoid the lost relatives, investment scammers, that would be calling, a turbo Buick that's not phuked up, a CTSV Caddy, [maybe 2-3], the rest I'd blow!:smuggrin:

I don't mind throwing 2 bucks at it. Think I'd buy the Turbo Buick website and make sure it's spam proof, never goes down and sponsors lots of races all over the country.

I've always thought that it would be fun to travel/drive around to find random hard working people who really need a break. Not those who would live off of the system anyway.... but hard working families that are barley making it.

My plan would be to observe their habits/actions from a distance try to research their history and if all was good they would get a large (anonymous) deposit into their account.

I've always thought that it would be fun to travel/drive around to find random hard working people who really need a break. Not those who would live off of the system anyway.... but hard working families that are barley making it.

My plan would be to observe their habits/actions from a distance try to research their history and if all was good they would get a large (unanimous) deposit into their account.

I like your style. I know some hard working people who never get a break.

I'll be back to work Monday. No one won.

I wouldn't say that. It is true no one won the jackpot. But what they don't tell you is how many people got the first 5 numbers right, and that is one million dollars for having them. ;)

I'm not looking until I get to work, $1 mil. and I'm gone. :cool:

Then again, I work 5 minutes from the lottery headquarters in CT. ;):p

Well first thing I would do is go to the bathroom and shit a brick then take all the problems that my parents are dealing with take care of them and send them away for the rest of thee lives with no worries 87and76 years years young .here ever that want to go .

i'd move to South Dakota for however long it takes to qualify as a resident there before turning the ticket in... something about a 0% personal income tax seems really appealing when it saves you a couple hundred million dollars in one shot..

I play because, somebody has to win.

What would I do with all that money? Well, hookers and cocaine of course!

D

If I hit the big one , none of my friends and family will have to work...

Then I will build another car that has a cage in it so I can race wherever I want too. Buy some land , build a nice shop, make my own 1/8th mile track to play on...

I would change my name and move out of CT for sure. Then I would build a walled compound with a garage to die for and build cars. Since I am knocking on 60 I would spend the hell out of that money after taking care of family. Hmmm, maybe buy that missile silo home that is always for sale in NY state, has a 2200 ft runway that I would extend into a nice quarter mile strip with enough room for a shut down.

i'd move to South Dakota for however long it takes to qualify as a resident there before turning the ticket in... something about a 0% personal income tax seems really appealing when it saves you a couple hundred million dollars in one shot..

These guys have the same deal:
Alaska, Florida, Nevada, Texas, Washington and Wyoming

I think I'd prefer FL to SD... (Don't like the cold)

I'd be more worried about kidnappers after my family. That size of win will ruin your life - and every relative of yours.

Unless you win in Illinois...you'll get $6000 up front, and an IOU for the rest. Won't collect another dime in your lifetime, so you're safe.

These guys have the same deal:
Alaska, Florida, Nevada, Texas, Washington and Wyoming

I think I'd prefer FL to SD... (Don't like the cold)
It's gambling winnings not income. What you pay taxes on is interest, dividends and capital gains.

wrong. gambling winning are considered taxable income. you have to declare the amount won on a W-2G. its usually a flat tax of 25% but if ur over $5k then ur subject to income tax withholdings.

It's gambling winnings not income. What you pay taxes on is interest, dividends and capital gains.

Back