So what happened to John's Performance?

Gewehr455

Can't find the website. Finally put the valve springs on my TTA that I bought from John several years ago. Just wondered if he still sells TTA stuff.

Jim

Can't find the website. Finally put the valve springs on my TTA that I bought from John several years ago. Just wondered if he still sells TTA stuff.

Jim

Hi Jim,

John got a job with Bowing and came to the ralization that he couldn't make any money on TTA parts. We are lucky in the sense that a lot of our electronics are the same as the Buicks and some of the motor stuff. The Buick vendors are becoming less and less also. Now a days you have to search for a lot of parts. This is the same thing that happened to ATR and others. After all, how much money can a vendor make on a parts for a car that only 1550 were made for 1 year 21 years ago.

After all, how much money can a vendor make on a parts for a car that only 1550 were made for 1 year 21 years ago.

I have said this from the beginning . I did the MAF pipes for TTAs as you know.. Wasn't worth wasting my time :p

thats a shame, there are some of us out there just starting out with these cars, its a tough path for us

I wouldn't get too worried. All you have to do is find a creative way to route a downpipe and you are done with TTA heads and headers... not that I've done that.

By creative I mean start hacking the car up lol. I'm pretty sure you could make some kind of a "fenderwell" downpipe if you removed the air conditioning and swap to GN heads and headers.

To tell the truth I don't know if a TTA is as collectible as a plain jane Grand National anymore.