You can type here any text you want

So who was cruising harlem today?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Rafs-T-Type

Not so Senior Member
Went out for a smoke at my local watering hole on harlem (just north of 47th) and saw a gn drive by....anyone here?

La Grange huh?...You're right next door....well almost ;) I swear I saw the same car again about one and a half weeks later at 79th and harlem...Chit if all these cars are on harlem we should do a Dukes meet...just have to keep it reasonably quite for the old folks home across the street :rolleyes:

Well - that was prolly me also on 79th and harlem. Funny you should mention that about dukes. I have been kickin around the idea of a little cruise around this area. I have talked to a few places with good parking areas and they would be all for it. Except for Dukes, they kinda pretty much said no thank you. I told them - maybe 15 cars(open to all hot rods, not jus buicks. Old folks home across the street was the reason why.

I think I have a set of your heads in my garage. Did you sell a set to Steve from Richton park?

Well - that was prolly me also on 79th and harlem. Funny you should mention that about dukes. I have been kickin around the idea of a little cruise around this area. I have talked to a few places with good parking areas and they would be all for it. Except for Dukes, they kinda pretty much said no thank you. I told them - maybe 15 cars(open to all hot rods, not jus buicks. Old folks home across the street was the reason why.

I think I have a set of your heads in my garage. Did you sell a set to Steve from Richton park?

Yeah that's too bad about Dukes...that use to be the place to go and it was always packed until they built the old folks home, and now you have to be quiet...And yup, those are probably my old heads you got there ;)

That's wierd.:confused:
Duke's is listed in the latest Gearhead newspaper as having cruise nights all fridays & saturdays from 5:30PM to 10:00PM. And I think this is a new listing since I do not believe I have seen anything from them listed anywhere in years.

no monket boy it wasnt ur car. that pos wont start 4 me. lol.

I checked with Dukes last summer. around august. thatd be great if they changed there minds.I'll go over and check it out.

Wow, Dukes! We used to go there in the early 70's. I left the area in 1972. Nice to ohear it is still around. It was THE place to go! We used to drive down from Glenview.

Wow, Dukes! We used to go there in the early 70's. I left the area in 1972. Nice to ohear it is still around. It was THE place to go! We used to drive down from Glenview.

Wow....that's awesome...1972....they have a sign that says since???,,,Can;t remember the year, but they have been there for a long time. They seem way dead from how that place used to be ever since the retirement home has gone up(about ten years ago I think). I thought it would go under as it took a hit so bad, but somehow they are still alive. Make the drive out sometime and we'll ignore the "rules" and all meet there. :biggrin:

maybe me since im from ur area..i drive my car alot...lets set up a little cruise night among the few that live in the area...what u guys think...theraf8100 at was at the turbo farm sat like at 4 pm. man u never call me to see if u were coming along...pick up some valve covers GN1's and a fpr.......he just fininsh building one GN thats is gona b for sale looks nice too...and hes working on a stage 2 powere plant. trying to get it runing by the Nationals..

I am not certain. But it seems to me that dukes popularity died off about the same time they started knocking down the homes that were next door and down the street, and building the new (larger) ones. That must have been about 10 years ago. And has pretty much been "dead" to hotrods ever since. Wish I knew the real story.
It was probably 15 years ago since they had to buyout that little building to the north because they didn't have enough room for all the hotrods and then they even had to overtake the wendys across the street.
I recall when dukes closed up shop for the night (11ish), everything would move to the kmart lot. And when everyone got kicked out of there, everything would move to scottsdale mall.

FWIW- It has been about 2 years since the Frosted Mug closed up and was supposedly going to be knocked down. But at the last minute supposedly someone bought it to "remodel" it and appears to have been in "remodeling" ever since. But still looks the same from the outside. What's the story, anyone know?

Back