You can type here any text you want

Solid or Hydraulic rollers

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

wormy-28

Does anyone have info/pros/cons with using solid roller lifters vs. hydraulic? I have t&d adjustable rockers, comp cams pushrods for rollers,(8.2" I think) but haven't purchased a cam or lifters yet. I plan on using 212/212 or so and want to go solid rollers, is a billet cam req'd for this or can i use a comp. cam ductile roller . any info much appreciated

Does anyone have info/pros/cons with using solid roller lifters vs. hydraulic? I have t&d adjustable rockers, comp cams pushrods for rollers,(8.2" I think) but haven't purchased a cam or lifters yet. I plan on using 212/212 or so and want to go solid rollers, is a billet cam req'd for this or can i use a comp. cam ductile roller . any info much appreciated

Why would you want to run solids on a small cam like that? I wouldnt do it on a ductile cam either. The point of a solid lifter is to be able to rev higher with a given spring pressure. You dont want the cam profile to limit the potential of the lifter. There is no need for solids till you are making 800+hp and revving over 6k all the time. Ive run comp 941's with 853 lifters for years with zero problems on ductile 212/212 cams. Shift point is 5700-5800 with iron heads on a 231ci. Plenty to hit 700fwhp.

Back