Somebody PLEASE buy this car!

I have called them and left a message about 4 hours ago. Awaiting a response as I am sure their voicemail box is slam full of people trying to snap it.

Just got a call from the owner tonight. There is no way I am going to buy it. He is too attached to it and there is no budging on the price. I think he said he spoke to Gary. The way I figure it is the car needs about 25-30k dollars of real money to make it a driver. Then what do you have? A 70k mile GNX that you have sunk 55k in. Actual value is somewhere in the 38-45k dollar range. If you plan to buy and drive then maybe, but for 55k one could have a nice used shelby or amg mercedes, the list would go on. Car also hasnt run in 7-8 years, paint is gone, fillers shot, front bumper crashed and needs metal work in both rear qtrs. Feel sorry for the ole car.

Yep talked with him my self.
Good old boy. Still livin 10yrs ago saying in mint shape its worth 200k. Lmao. But we can all dream. I offered him 14k. Guess will have to see what happens. Gonna take 20-25k to make it perfect

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I believe, unless someone is blind, that the car will rot and fall apart in his driveway. I hate to say that but the old car is probably done for. Its ashame too because it could be saved, but it will be expensive.

Some fool that has seen too many Barret Jackson auctions will buy it...and regret it !!! Then in 3-5 years it will be for sale again

200k huh...wow, just wow...poor guy just has no idea.

Would definitely be worth saving ...at a realistic price.

Bryan

I just got the same email this morning. Plan on callin at 9am to see if they actually answer. I am afraid there is too much sentimental value and they wont budge off the price. There is a 9k miles gnx clsoe to me that I can snap for about 42k. I dont think I would want to do a full resto on a 70k mile one when I could get a perfect one for a tad more. Cant hurt to try I guess.

It sounds like a form letter being sent from a third world country.

Some fool that has seen too many Barret Jackson auctions will buy it...and regret it !!! Then in 3-5 years it will be for sale again

200k huh...wow, just wow...poor guy just has no idea.

Would definitely be worth saving ...at a realistic price.

Bryan

I hate BJ..but I could see myself buying it if they were willing to negotiate.
I never really understand people who post a price and are "FIRM" - or unwilling to do a little horse trading.
That's how cars have always been bought and sold - since before they were cars and were called "horses"

I see paint & body work - $10K on a bad (worst) day - since there isn't any T-Tops to worry about - and to me - it looks like surface rust.
Mechanicals? - 5K?
I think 20K is a fair price. Maybe a tad more. 25K? For a GNX?

The whole "talking to the owner and he is attached to it" sounds like so much little girl drama - for which I wouldn't have much tolerance..

I hate BJ..but I could see myself buying it if they were willing to negotiate.
I never really understand people who post a price and are "FIRM" - or unwilling to do a little horse trading.
That's how cars have always been bought and sold - since before they were cars and were called "horses"

I see paint & body work - $10K on a bad (worst) day - since there isn't any T-Tops to worry about - and to me - it looks like surface rust.
Mechanicals? - 5K?
I think 20K is a fair price. Maybe a tad more. 25K? For a GNX?

The whole "talking to the owner and he is attached to it" sounds like so much little girl drama - for which I wouldn't have much tolerance..
Don't forget the interior will need to be addressed, also the wheels , new rubber , gas tank needs to come out , new fuel pump , probablyshock and suspension work , who knows what else.
15k is all I would drop on that car without knowing the rest of the needs

Bryan

Just got a call from the owner tonight. There is no way I am going to buy it. He is too attached to it and there is no budging on the price. I think he said he spoke to Gary. The way I figure it is the car needs about 25-30k dollars of real money to make it a driver. Then what do you have? A 70k mile GNX that you have sunk 55k in. Actual value is somewhere in the 38-45k dollar range. If you plan to buy and drive then maybe, but for 55k one could have a nice used shelby or amg mercedes, the list would go on. Car also hasnt run in 7-8 years, paint is gone, fillers shot, front bumper crashed and needs metal work in both rear qtrs. Feel sorry for the ole car.

We aren't talking about a AMG ($300 / hour to change the oil) or Shelby (Pony)
It's a Buick GNX.
Or - So they say.

The issue is at what price would this GNX be a decent or fair deal.
I still say 20K or so.
Anything less than $20K - and I can't think of any that have sold - in any condition (lately) - for that money.
I always like the idea of pay-as-you-go.
Buy the GNX wreck for 20.
Then do it back in stages.
It may be more expensive in the end - but who has 35-45K (laying around) to buy a right one?
But I could pop for a $20K GNX and dream.

Kirban sold one for 13k less than 10 yrs ago. Had 179,000 miles on it. I was too late calling him ...

Bryan

Did said "old guy" explain how it was that he came into possession of a rare and valuable car - and opted to sit it beside his row home in Columbus, GA?
Eccentric to say the least - but I'd like to hear the story.
At bedtime.

If everyone on the board donated 500 bucks - we could have a group GNX and pass it around like a sorority cheerleader!
Which ain;t a bad idea - the cheerleader or buying the GNX and doing a group hug on the GNX.

Kirban sold one for 13k less than 10 yrs ago. Had 179,000 miles on it. I was too late calling him ...

Bryan

Other than the emblem - they're overrated.
But I still want one.
Because - I have this disease.

I'd buy this POS for 20K and take my time.
30K? :(

His father died and he inherited it from him. The car was supposedly stored until the latter years of his life when he decided he wanted to daily drive it. During that time it sat outside and was involved in a few accidents that were never reported to his insurance. He said it needs metal work on both rear qtrs, front fender and needs a new bumper. So I would venture to say its pretty banged up. Besides the last 8 years it has probably been in the weather for 15 years and probably never had the oil changed or any maintenance.

him and i talked about 30 min on the phone yesturday, the car is legit...he is way off on value of the car,but it has alot of sentimental value....i can understand his position.
ill go see car and make an offer, thought about making a daily driver:eek: out of it (untill i can get it restored)....hes adiment the price is firm,but it doesnt hurt to try....ill keep you guys posted...

I believe, unless someone is blind, that the car will rot and fall apart in his driveway. I hate to say that but the old car is probably done for. Its ashame too because it could be saved, but it will be expensive.

I have a feeling you're right. If it has so much sentiment, why let it fall apart? What would his father think if he saw the car in the condition it's in now? That would be my line of thinking and motivation to keep it in good shape, but people do strange things so...hmmm. Though, I can still understand his attachment to it...

Another thought...I'm sure he's aware that his asking price is too high. Keep in mind, the buyer is not only paying for the car itself...but also paying the guy off in terms of his attachment to the car.

It would be nice to see a build thread on this car if someone from the forum buys it.

I fail to see how you guys have become "experts" on GNX value,
you don't own one, or probably can't afford one, but you sure can bad mouth
anyone who doesn't want to sell you one cheap! and of course don't forget
you KNOW of one for $42k, but won't buy it or tell anyone about it.
(thats called being full of sh!t)
there are 3 GNX's on ebay right now, @ $130k, $80K, & $65K.
but according to you "experts" all over priced,
why don't you buy a Hemi cuda? with your "expert" knowledge,
you can probably get one for next to nothing!
It's nice to dream, but be realistic,
if you owned that GNX, what would you be asking for it,?

It doesn't take an expert to know that the economy has fallen and things aren't being sold at the prices of a decade ago.
I know you are right at least about me as I've never spent more that 25k on a vehicle and I don't see me eclipsing that any time soon.
Much like real estate, those cars you listed actually have to sell to become comparables(comps). Sellers may ask whatever they want. Asking price does not set the market.

So who went and actually saw the car. I'd love to see more pix
Id daily drive it everyday of the week.

Rich

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

him and i talked about 30 min on the phone yesturday, the car is legit...he is way off on value of the car,but it has alot of sentimental value....i can understand his position.
ill go see car and make an offer, thought about making a daily driver:eek: out of it (untill i can get it restored)....hes adiment the price is firm,but it doesnt hurt to try....ill keep you guys posted...

You go boy!