You can type here any text you want

Somebody Shoot Me!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

S10xGN

RETIRED!
With the wife's blessing (well, not really, but she 's not too upset) I jumped off into yet another project. A stripper '72 Maverick that weighs 2750# out of WA state. This one won't get a turbo Buick motor but instead a 2003 Corvette LS-1 motor (for now) with a later upgrade to a Weber 416" LS-3 stroker with L92 heads. Should be on the transporter this week and heading home to TX!

Attachments

• SS850555s.jpg
    SS850555s.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 774
Nice, should be quick at that weight. It's different, thats 4 sure. Kool.

Still setting up in WA awaiting a truck to pick it up. :mad: Anybody want to deliver? <J/K> It's only 2360 miles!

check out countrywide auto transport. They're a broker but They had the best prices and were where they needed to be when it came down to it.

Thats gonna be a cool project. My buddy just sold his Maveric Drag radial roller.

A word of advise. If you ever consider buying aftermarket front suspension for it, stay away from AJE.

Thats gonna be a cool project. My buddy just sold his Maveric Drag radial roller.

A word of advise. If you ever consider buying aftermarket front suspension for it, stay away from AJE.

Just bought a coil-over front clip from RCMotorsports. Had the car 2 weeks now and it's pretty well stripped down. Just need to zip out the shock towers and I'll be welding!

Attachments

• 100_0086s.jpg
    100_0086s.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 502
  • 100_0099s.jpg
    100_0099s.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 512
  • 100_0121s.jpg
    100_0121s.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 510
I had a Mavrick...

Once upon a time. It was a 73 Red/White Grabber. Never would have thought of it as a potential hybrid.....The guy that bought it still has it sitting on his land...bet I could pick it up cheap....hmmmmm

We had 1... A 70 model. Ran a 300" Fird 6 in it, with a toploader behind it.
H/MP...Fun car![For those too young = H/ modified production.] My friend, Cotton Perry, in a Chebby 2, [Pocket Rocket], was the top dog, along w/ another Mav from motor city, called "Preparation H"..A sure cure for "hemiroids".
Weber side drafts, Crane cam, MAX ported head....

FUN TIMES!

Found an old thread of mine while searching for something entirely unrelated and thought ya'll might like to see the finished project. It's running and will be registered this week...

Attachments

• 100_0867s.jpg
    100_0867s.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 366
  • 100_1014s.jpg
    100_1014s.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 360
I LIKE IT!! I hate to say it but it kinda looks like my old Vega. The only diff is that I had white stripes down the side just above the bottom of the door.

It's a real pitty that those car's get overlooked... Very nice. There was one here several years ago that was done up real nice and I really liked it.
Great find and job on it!
~Scott

Thanks for the compliments, it's now registered and driveable though it's still on jackstands awaiting a final checkout of the trans pressures and installation of the (reupholstered) rear seat which is a week out. Should be soon!

Nice ride! Is the original front suspension Falcon/ Mustang based? What do you think it will run once dialed in? Counterman.

Nice ride! Is the original front suspension Falcon/ Mustang based? What do you think it will run once dialed in? Counterman.

No, front suspension is all aftermarket (RCM) MII based. Fairly mild motor but light car, and should hook good. I'm thinking 11.50's or so. Calculator shows 11.41 with 380 RWHP and 3400# weight...

Back