You can type here any text you want

Something to laugh/cry over. Ebay item #330186656184

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

LEGACY_GN

There should be a law against this. May not be a real GN, but has the hood and two tone seats, but no 6 in the headrest.

Lol:

Q: Nice job butchering a rare grand national... "boomin stereo system" How 'cool'... Nov-15-07
A: Thanks!

Where are the pics of the v8 engine with some chrome? <woot>

''Guaranteed to make heads turn in the streets.''

So they can puck.

Lol:

Q: Nice job butchering a rare grand national... "boomin stereo system" How 'cool'... Nov-15-07
A: Thanks!

Thats me lol. So Im not alone I see. It asbolutely TWISTS me, to see this stuff. I just cant 'keep my comments to myself' when I see people wreck rare cars.

cars

I dont think there is anything wrong with adding a v8 or another engine platform for the sake of going faster. However when they put on the lift kit, 26 inch rims, lame stereos, graphics, and rediculous paint jobs on a nice gn/T that makes me disgusted. :(

"Guaranteed to make heads turn in the streets."

And turn them multiple directions... As in "no no no no no." That's ridiculous! Even if it was a GN, it hardly qualifies now.

I dont think there is anything wrong with adding a v8 or another engine platform for the sake of going faster. However when they put on the lift kit, 26 inch rims, lame stereos, graphics, and rediculous paint jobs on a nice gn/T that makes me disgusted. :(

That is what all the 'head turning' is about....You don't want to puke in your lap :)

Funny thing is these guys probably bought them thinking the V8 was faster;)

I didn't see the 2nd link.....I see the guy put in an LS1....which IMO wouldn't be so bad if it were done a little better....looks like a cobbled up mess under the hood.

Did anyone see the burnout video? Lol I just did a burnout for the first time with my Turbo T this morning....she didn't hesitate for one second to quickly send the rear hides into smoke, looks like that LS1 was struggling just a little bit.

I emailed the guy and asked him about what happened to the original engine....still waiting on a response.

Just got an e-mail back from the guy with the LS1 t type

My question:
What happened to the original turbocharged engine?

His response:
The car was rolling when I got it. No motor/trans. It is an original black Ttype with original blue interior. Now it eats GN's or Ttypes for lunch....not to mention its way more reliable and is a 1-of-a-kind ride. =)
:rolleyes:

Does it have cup holders to hold my forty?

LMAO!!!:D Listen I live in Newark nothing but ricers out here. They see my GN and there like V8 right? Or are u selling i got 20s I can slap on that bitch right now! All they know its a Grand National value doesnt mean nothing to guys who dont know jack about cars they just want to own one.:rolleyes:

Wes87:
I dont think there is anything wrong with adding a v8 or another engine platform for the sake of going faster. However when they put on the lift kit, 26 inch rims, lame stereos, graphics, and rediculous paint jobs on a nice gn/T that makes me disgusted.

Sure there is. Cuz then youve just ruined, what makes a rare grand national a grand national. Otherwise, its just a Y code V8 regal with a gn interior then. a piece of crap. What makes a 'gn' is all of its parts together.
like a long island ice t. Is it still a long island ice t, if there was carrot juice in it? No, it'd be a totally different drink now. :)

And this kid said: "The car was rolling when I got it. No motor/trans. It is an original black Ttype with original blue interior. Now it eats GN's or Ttypes for lunch....not to mention its way more reliable and is a 1-of-a-kind ride. =) "
YYEEA! Ok junior. "eats gn's" eh? lol. Poor kid. Oh well, everyone learns at one point or another I guess.

And his vin points out that it was an LC2 car, but it has the old N/A grandma steering wheel. Is this correct? Were there turbo cars with the non T steering wheel? I THINK there might have been (a board member here may have a tan colored one if im not mistaken) but i'm not sure.
And why did this kid carb an otherwise good fuel injected LS1? Who in the **** would CARB an LS1 like that? That kid is a total fool. Now, instead of it being a really good engine, it's just another tired old chevy 350, just like the rest of em.
Hideous blue interior, SBC transplant, HORRIBLE sounding exhaust, punched out door lock, and a typical kid driving, claiming how "fast" it is...
lol.. i asked him "Why is the car so n*****?" lol
is a PERFECT description now. That kid fits that car. A typical combo.

He says he's got some other steering wheel. I can't see what's on it, but then, I didn't enlarge any photos once I saw the first one.

I don't know what V8 is in it now, but I can't see an LS1 because he said he spent 5K on engine and transmission and the engine is new. I don't know that you could buy the two for 5K and if that $900 carb is included... I really don't think it's an LS1. Prolly a typical Caprice 305/350 and wouldn't hold a candle to a stock GN.

He's got all these people looking at it and must feel great... But doesn't yet realize most of them are just looking to see if someone even bids. :)

Back