Somethings fishy here....

Look how the state is spelled. If he really lived there, dont you think he would get it atleast half right? :confused:

gyrhead said:
What exactly is fishy about this?

I'll have to go with you on this. I assume she only knows her 86-87's after being called on that she went fishing with the spelling of the state, guess she doesnt watch the news or she would have found the comedy behind it.

:rolleyes:

Buickwh1 said:
I'll have to go with you on this. I assume she only knows her 86-87's after being called on that she went fishing with the spelling of the state, guess she doesnt watch the news or she would have found the comedy behind it.

:rolleyes:
With all the scams from over seas, I was concerned that some one may lose some money. These people barrow pictures off of other auctions and put in their own words and try to sell a fake part. If you read threw some of the threads here, you'll find many people that have fallen for these types of scams. I Know the part is the real deal, but is the seller? Is all I was getting at was "buyer be ware".

I knew where u were going with this.

I am very cautious with buying parts away from this board or our vendors. I am familiar with the scams u spoke of, and the "K" in Kalifornia is similar to the bad spelling of the ebay scamers but the usually take the time to come up with some BS sad story and crazy payment instructions. I dont see that here and also his feedback seems in order unless they have found a way to hack the feedback sections. Good thing is I dont think any of us would buy that anyway.

Brer Rabbit said:
I am very cautious with buying parts away from this board or our vendors. I am familiar with the scams u spoke of, and the "K" in Kalifornia is similar to the bad spelling of the ebay scamers but the usually take the time to come up with some BS sad story and crazy payment instructions. I dont see that here and also his feedback seems in order unless they have found a way to hack the feedback sections. Good thing is I dont think any of us would buy that anyway.
I have seen peoples ID's stolen too. Thats where the feed back comes in to play for these scamers. I had good intentions with this post. I have seen alot of scams lately and just advised " Buyer Be Ware". Did not know I would get raked over the coals for it. O well.

Intentions Noted - Thanks

86gngirl said:
I have seen peoples ID's stolen too. Thats where the feed back comes in to play for these scamers. I had good intentions with this post. I have seen alot of scams lately and just advised " Buyer Be Ware". Did not know I would get raked over the coals for it. O well.

I think we all agree ebay has become a scammers paradise - and we've got to be vigilant all the time.

However, I didn't think you got "raked over the coals", I just wanted to know what you found "fishy" about the listing. Yes, there are THOUSANDS of daily scams on eBay, but most scams are around bigger ticket items like musclecars, ATVs, and Plasma TV's, not $75 used hot-air turbos. Maybe a $75 60 series ball bearing would set off alarm bells though..

A quick look at this person's other auctions showed a lot of related car items and they all looked on the level. I wasn't troubled by the spelling of California, because eBay allows sellers to put pretty much whatever they want in the location field. You do see some weird stuff in there too....

On most stolen/hijacked accounts the scam stands out like a sore thumb: for instance the hijacked seller has listings for beanie babies, used childrens clothing and a $6000 GNX with the standard "contact me at this account, because my eBay account isn't working...."

In short, your intentions are noble - and I for one appreciate someone who takes time to call out thier concerns. I didn't get bad mojo from this seller though...