You can type here any text you want

Sorry for my Frequent poster syndrome- 80 EGR on 82ECM

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Awesome I will check out j and s. She's gonna sit all winter so it won't see to many starts below freezing temps unless the garage is on fire and it needs moved in a hurry. I'm only worried about knock at cruising speeds without the egr. I got my shop manual today so I might not be as annoying on here now that I can help myself a bit more. Thanks for the help fellas

Last edited:
imageuploadedbyturbobuick-mobile1389721436-523354-jpg.211853

VERY NICE! :D

I went through my pile o' parts and I have a spare '82 intake if your interested. It has the EGR pipe.
IMG_0364.JPG

I will keep you posted if I need the intake. Man I'm envious of your knowledge of these cars. Thanks for the quick and informative replies to all of my one hundred posts haha. It's definitely made this process a lot quicker then if I was left to my own devices. That 83 is a plain jane unit. No air, one piece bench, na 3.8. No creature comforts. Her grand dad bought it all silver but loved the way the sport coupes looked so when he went to pick it up he told them to send it to the body shop and spray the black on the top. By the time he was done I'm sure he could have payed for the turbo option haha. It's only got 32,000km on it. Pretty well sat in a shed under a cover since the early 90s. He would put some stabil and a splash of fresh gas in the tank and let it idle for a half hour or so once and year and throw the cover back on. To bad it wasn't a sport coupe. O well she still gets lots of attention at car shows and when we are cruising around town.

Back