You can type here any text you want

Sounds dumb but whats is a stage ll motor?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

coreyhayman

I'm new to this whole grand national lingo and was wondering what a stage ll motor is? im gonna take a guess and say its a 86-87 motor?

Hi Mr. Cory,
A Stage 2 block in a heavy duty racing block produced by Buick Motor sports. It has additional head bolt holes and heavy duty webbing/main caps. The blocks bottom end could compared to like a 4 bolt main SBC. Hope this helps some... :)

sorry guys one more question, does anybody sell these stage 2 blocks new? like can you order then from gm?

Mr. Corey, I would not underestimate the strength of the stock block. Look at the times Turbo1dr is running and what it takes to get there. :)

Another stupid question that I was curious about. What is the difference between on center, and off center. Ive heard it before but just cant remember right now.

The rods do not align directly in the center of the pistons. That would make the block an off center block. Even though the piston pin will be centered the rod will sit further to one side. I think about .100 difference.

Champion Racing is Building an iron Block for our cars. They are designed like the Stage 2 blolcks... And i am waiting for those to come on the market. I will buy a new block instead of a glued together used block :biggrin:

coreyhayman said:
I'm new to this whole grand national lingo and was wondering what a stage ll motor is? im gonna take a guess and say its a 86-87 motor?

A money pit and a headache, that's what a stage 2 is.

Champion Racing will have stage 2 blocks soon that will be lessthan the TA block,But they will be cst iron not aluminum

Back