Source for Weatherpak connector parts

cjcwi87

Where can I buy weatherpak connectors? I want to use them for installing accessory wiring to make it easy to disconnect. What is the max amperage that they can carry? Is the Molex brand sold by MSC compatible with stock GM connectors. I also need the tool that will slip over the pins to release the tabs for disassembly. How come the crimpers are over $100.

Thanks, CJ

There are also three Weatherpack/Weather Pack(spelled that way on the Bay) connector kits on eBay right now, assorted individual parts, and a crimping tool for $20.00(buy-it-now price). ;)

Waytek wire. Best prices on Delphi Weatherpack and Metripack connector bodies, seals and terminals. They sell the right crimpers. The right crimpers aren't cheap but they are worth the money if you plan to do any amount of high quality wiring.

Waytek

Caspers has three different connector kits, Weatherpack, Metripack and GT series kits available along with an "Engine Wiring Maintenance Kit" that has the double-d crimp tool, harness tape, terminal extractors and a digital volt meter. Check www.casperselectronics.com for information.
-John

We keep them at the Chevrolet dealer where I work, and anyone that deals AC Delco can get the weatherpacks with a pigtail already on them, although all the wires will be white.

Like the previous answers say, Summit has the crimpers, as does MSD, and I think maybe Accel. I bought my terminal release kit from Snap-on, and it actually wasn't extremely high. It does the barrel pins, push through, pull through, heavy amperage, all the basic stuff.

The prices at GM are through the roof for those!

weatherpak

Hi,
Good infomation on this stuff, guys. The only thing I could add is that the tools are also available through OTC or Kent Moore. Weatherpaks are good connectors, rarely fail.

I have a Paladin 1300 crimping tool for amateur radio / computer work and use the 2033 die set for Weatherpack terminals.