Southeast muscle car challenge

I don't really see a problem with racing after 2pm. My only question is will that give us enough time to make rounds?

Another solution could be Sunday, could we start qualifiying on sat after 2 and finish the race the next day?? Not sure if this would work or not.

Sounds like a good idea Adam. In fact, I had a similar idea with another option. If we made a round or 2 of qualifying on friday evening, that would give time for any car problem to be worked on sat morning. We could then have time for another qualifying run sat, running the race in the evening. Of course that would be dependant on whether we have racing available friday and saturday nite...

I spoke with Jim Carswell again yesterday, he was waiting to hear from Bennett, but was up to his eyeballs at work. Hopefully Holly and Cal's efforts will be rewarded with a positive result, if the Corvette people aren't open to us participating, we still have options if we remain flexible.

We spoke with Richard L about several scenarios. Yesterday we spoke with the 3 key players with the Corvette group and each is pointing responsibility at the other guy :mad: I am feeling better about making it happen. Hopefully, today we get some resolution.

I hope it works out for the best. Thanks for the updates....

I think we are going to put it on the back burner and just focus on NC event!

Sounds like a good idea Adam. In fact, I had a similar idea with another option. If we made a round or 2 of qualifying on friday evening, that would give time for any car problem to be worked on sat morning. We could then have time for another qualifying run sat, running the race in the evening. Of course that would be dependant on whether we have racing available friday and saturday nite...

I spoke with Jim Carswell again yesterday, he was waiting to hear from Bennett, but was up to his eyeballs at work. Hopefully Holly and Cal's efforts will be rewarded with a positive result, if the Corvette people aren't open to us participating, we still have options if we remain flexible.

Thanks Mr. Cotton, I think you are correct, there are plenty of options for that weekend seeing how halloween is such a tough time to get away.

Cal and Holly, good luck, we know how those vette guys can be :rolleyes:
wouldn't want them to get embarassed by a bunch of old "bricks". Thanks for all your hard work!!!

Why can't we just do a Sat / Sun event? Qualify on Sat and race on Sunday..

I already looked into that. We may be able to do it, but it would cost a lot more. Right now, we share the track rental with the regular Friday and Saturday night program.

This could be the beginning of an Annual Corvette vs Turbo Regal showdown.:cool:

Halloween would be out for me as well......and I was planning on busting out my first 7 second pass.;)

Im down for whenever, just need to know ahead of time so that i can request off the job. If the vettes will have the rooms booked, and not enough test & tune time for the ALL of us on the track, why not pick a later date(Nov) or the following weekend? either way would work for me just looking out for others availability and convenience.

This pretty much sucks...

About the only weekend that I could make off is Halloween weekend. I totally understand, but wish I could actually make it. I was really looking forward to getting the T out to see what it will do. My tow rig left me hanging last year with the Suncoupe at home.

I will wait and see what dates we get and if it is possible at any means.

Mike

Reynolds 2008 Event

It is FINAL.....October 31st - November 1st
We have been unsuccessful with the Covette guys, they told us we could have the track when they finish around 2-3 pm, which will NOT give us enough time for our event because Ed Swearinger will not keep the track open past dark (approx. 7 pm). We looked into Nov 1 & Nov. 2nd, but Silver Dollar Raceway is NOT available Sunday the 2nd because of some motorcross race on their dirt track they own. Sorry Guys I tried my best :frown:
Bottom Line is our event remains Oct. 31st & Nov. 1st, so bring your candy and treats for all our Young Ones that will be coming with their families, we will make it Fun for them!! Let's make this a Fun Family Event!! I hope to see everyone there.
~ Holly Hartline

Hi Holley and Cal,

Thank you so much for try to get the dates changed for the Reynolds race. I believe you went above and beyond. It is unfortunate that I will be in Cuba on a mission trip. However, I hope you have a good time this year. I also believe we need to look at the future dates more closely to ensure this does not occur again. I know I will look at my commitments so they do not conflict again. I assumed the dates would continue to be the first weekend in November. Oh Well. God's calling is much higher than a race track.

Thanks for trying Cal!

Cal??? :eek: Alright now.....he doesn't get all the credit:frown:
I can't tell you how many hours I have spent on the phone and computer trying to sweet talk these corvette guys. Which was a complete waste of my time. They don't like sharing and besides they know they would have been embarrassed when they got spanked by a V6 :biggrin:
~ HOLLY HARTLILNE

Thanks for trying everone, not sure what we will do yet. Hope to see most everone in NC anyway if they can make it.

And a special thanks to Holly.

Jim

See you next year.

BTW the way Holly,Your last name is spelt HARTLINE not HARTLILNE