Southeast muscle car challenge

Do you have to be a GSCA member to race this event. Thanks

As a matter of fact, it is actually open to any vehicle. It is labeled as the Southeast Muscle Car Challenge, not labeled as a Buick only event. It is just put on by the GSCA.

All are welcome to come out and have fun.

Mike

My car will be done by Reynolds. Unfortunately were not coming. I have to work Halloween night and there is absolutely no way around it. I was looking forward to it.

My car will be done by Reynolds. Unfortunately were not coming. I have to work Halloween night and there is absolutely no way around it. I was looking forward to it.

The freaks come out at night!!!
Especially Halloween

maybe in the future we could do this in Commerce, (Atlanta Dragway) The end of their schedule is pretty open. The air would be better there this time of year anyway. Just thinking out loud.

Commerce would be pretty cool, But Reynolds has this neat laid back family feeling, Im sure most will agree. Very laid back. We can hang at the BK till late and there are no issues. Kinda like hanging out at BG.

maybe in the future we could do this in Commerce, (Atlanta Dragway) The end of their schedule is pretty open. The air would be better there this time of year anyway. Just thinking out loud.

I'd be up for Commerce seeing how its only 30 minutes from the house :biggrin: . Either way, Reynolds is not to long of a haul and I personally think they prep the track better than Commerce. Anyways, I'll be looking forward to this years event... going threw Buick withdrawls. Hopefully I will have the car back for the event but I highly doubt it :rolleyes: :mad: . See you guys there!

not commerce

they kicked me off track at 11.99 for no cage and silver dollar doesn't care at all

they kicked me off track at 11.99 for no cage and silver dollar doesn't care at all

That is what I am talking about. On top of the laid back atmosphere...

I thought it was 11.49 where you needed a cage?

Mike

Would it be possible to do it at South Georgia Motorsports Park in Cecil, Adel Ga | Race SGMP | NHRA Drag Strip | Racetrack | Circle Track Racing In Adel Just above Valdosta Ga? They have held several magazine covered events, Valdosta is close with lots of motels, restaurants, etc. Its right off I-75 and easy to find for travelers. Kinda of further south for the Northern enthusiasts but much more accomodations near it.

I have suggested that before. Great track!

SGMP has been suggested in the past. I believe the GSCA had promised the move to that track at one time. I dont know what happened.

The General Manager, Wade appears to be very accomodating about setting up events at his facility. But I still like Reynolds.

Probably came down to $'s since Lasseters shop is practically next door. I like not having to park on the dirt.

Probably came down to $'s since Lasseters shop is practically next door. I like not having to park on the dirt.

Maybe some homework is in need here.

Lasseter lives in or near Valdosta which is less than 30 miles from Adel (SGMSP) and Reynolds is some 150 miles away. That works out to be some 120 miles further.

I truely believe the reason we use the track in Reynolds is due to the very laid back family ran atmosphere there. Additionally, I know that I would not be able to run my T any other place in my current condition without a cage. And I do not plan to put one in it.

Just a few comments to add...

Mike