You can type here any text you want

Spare Engine

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

OhioC5

Underwear model
I need to figure out what direction I want to go with it. My plans are to have this one built and ready to go so my car isn't down for very long. There's no rush on this build, my car is running well. I'd like a forged bottom end and a nice roller cam with decent heads.

I'd like to try to come in under 8k all in.

I like pictures . . .

I took the heads off and the gaskets look like they're new. I'm not sure if it was pulled to replace the head gaskets and just never put back in.

It has ARP head bolts.

The lifters slid right out and look great. Of course I won't be using them.

Hard to tell, but the cam looked pretty good too.

Has these markings on it.

Crank looks to be in great condition.

Oh yea, these guys all went with me to get the engine hoist.

Looks like a new cam and lifters also, well at least the lifters, as those arent GM lifters:mad:

I'm wondering if this motor just had a blown head gasket since they look new and the motor just never made it back in the car. This should make a nice build. I'm wondering if the VIN of the car correlates with a stamping on the block. My plan was to pull my original engine and put it on the stand while I flog this one. Someday to return the factory engine back in the car. Or give it to the next owner if I ever sell the car.

I pulled the factory numbers matching engine and transmission out of mine and stored them for future use. You have a pretty decent budget to work with for your build, should be nice !
Good luck.

Bryan

Those dogs are like my kids. When you're my size you could walk around with a kitten on your shoulder...

Back