You can type here any text you want

Spark plugs on e85 diagnosis?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

bpman1234

what are these plugs telling us ? Please looksy .

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 215
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 220
Looks like the "corn starch" I see in some injs I clean...
That E85 must be a very low quality, to have that much ash left behind.
Do you have another station you can go to?

yes just alittle further down the rd this gas is from marathon .the one little further down is moble or texico not sure.

Pic of the ground strap will also help see whats goimg on.

Gaped 35 gonna get new ones and gap them to 29 I think that's what most are running on e85 if I remember correctly.

thanks chuck.

U R most welcome!
Next step... Cut the fuel filter open, and see what's there. If this crud is just the result of combustion, the filter may be clean... If it's cruddy, we need to look at:
A. The in tank pump sock.
B. The inj filter baskets. I've seen some injs w/ that crud piled up around the top o'ring.
Are all 6 plugs this way? I can see only a part of the plug number. What are they?

That almost looks like oil that's being "bleached out" w/ alky! Look at the color of the crud at the base of the ground straps. Is the engine using oil?

Don't think I'd be driving it, until the issue is resolved. At present, there's no way to read those plugs for timing and afr.

Gonna take the rest of them out to see what's up .I'll be back yea I know look know my phone is blowing up from body builder to actor to politician love this country. Anyway yea I'll be back

Here they go the 1&3 looks like they are pitted on ceramic let me know if I have to give better pics thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 154
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 137
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 214
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 142
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 125
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 157
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 132
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 122
Does it smoke when at a warm idle say at traffic lights? They look badly oiled to me on the threaded base. That's my main concern.

Fresh or old engine?

Last edited:
U R mopst welcome!
Next step... Cut the fuel filter open, and see what's there. If this crud is just the result of combustion, the filter may be clean... If it's cruddy, we need to look at:
A. The in tank pump sock.
B. The inj filter baskets. I've seen some injs w/ that crud piled up around the top o'ring.
Are all 6 plugs this way? I can see only a part of the plug number. What are they?

That almost looks like oil that's being "bleached out" w/ alky! Look at the color of the crud at the base of the ground straps. Is the engine using oil?

Don't think I'd be driving it, until the issue is resolved. At present, there's no way to read those plugs for timing and afr.

THIS x 2

Back