You can type here any text you want

Spark plugs

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Meno19

I put a new set of spark plugs in. This is what I pulled out. Car seems to run fine. I'm getting the scanmaster put in later this week. I don't know how long these spark plugs have been in here but I just changed them out this week. I've had the car a little over a year and only have drove it a handful of times. Like I said this is what I've pulled out. I guess my concern is I don't think that they are supposed to look like this.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 192
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 183
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 176
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 180
From a physical stand point they dont look bad at all.

I do not see any burnt or melted grounding straps which would indicate real lean / detonation

I dont see any bright shiny spots. Like looking at the stars at night. This would also support the lack of detonation.

Picture 3 seems a bit wet but since the base and threads look to have oil on them it may just be that.

The redish / rust looking deposits would indicate the usage a a fuel additive / octane booster. I dont recommend running these as they usually do more harm then good.

Not sure what you put in there I can see the box but looks like the ac's that came are rxx or crxx. Looks like CRXX but cant tell in the pics.

I recommend using the cr43ts or cr42ts if running higher than stock boost. The autolite 103's and 104's are also good equivilant to the r42 and r43.

I have had good luck with either but prefer the cr42ts for modded hotter setups. The C is for commercial and the center electrode is slightly larger than the r.

I recommend to never use a platinum, double platinum or irridum. These cars form my experience dont tolerate them well.

Hope this info helps.

From a physical stand point they dont look bad at all.

I do not see any burnt or melted grounding straps which would indicate real lean / detonation

I dont see any bright shiny spots. Like looking at the stars at night. This would also support the lack of detonation.

Picture 3 seems a bit wet but since the base and threads look to have oil on them it may just be that.

The redish / rust looking deposits would indicate the usage a a fuel additive / octane booster. I dont recommend running these as they usually do more harm then good.

Not sure what you put in there I can see the box but looks like the ac's that came are rxx or crxx. Looks like CRXX but cant tell in the pics.

I recommend using the cr43ts or cr42ts if running higher than stock boost. The autolite 103's and 104's are also good equivilant to the r42 and r43.

I have had good luck with either but prefer the cr42ts for modded hotter setups. The C is for commercial and the center electrode is slightly larger than the r.

I recommend to never use a platinum, double platinum or irridum. These cars form my experience dont tolerate them well.

Hope this info helps.
Wow thank you for the detailed info. It does help. And I think I put the 24s in the car.

Back