speaker bracket question - help

GSX-PKV

I added XM radio and it sounds great but I wanted to upgrade my rear speakers. I bought Kenwood 4x10 speakers and thought it would be an easy swap but those speakers are about 1/4" thicker than the stock ones are so the metal bracket won't work anymore. Are there slightly larger brackets available? Any ideas how I can make these work? Thanks! Paul

They make 6x9 conversion adaptors,I'll snap a photo mine,give me 5 mintues

PHOTO_13448594_6696_7585054_ap.jpg

PHOTO_13448598_6696_7585054_ap.jpg

PHOTO_13448596_6696_7585054_ap.jpg

A good speaker install shop should be able to get them for you

Pretty sure there the factory hangers,I done this back in the 90's

Enjoy!

I don't think they're the factory hangers. The factory hangers are more of a basket type and hold the speakers in from underneath where the magnet of the speaker sits on the hanger. Come to think of it the wire hangers you have pictured might actually be the stock hangers without the stock basket attached in the middle. If thats true then I'll have to remove the baskets in the middle from my stockers so I don't have to have them held up with zip ties.

To "HelloBozos" I notice in your pictures that the single end clip on the bracket, that it's only being held by half of the clip both pieces of the wire clip are not supported by the tab. Are the speakers secure they don't move or vibrate?

I circled the end on the picture that I'm talking about, Thanks.

speaker2.jpg