You can type here any text you want

Speakers?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Paul Clark

I need to replace the door speakers for my Concert Sound II system.
Because there are 6 speakers total, do I need something fancy as far as impedence goes, or will anything that fits work okay?
Thanks

I'm going to move this thread, but leave re-direct, so you'll still get general tech visability. The mod of this forum should be able to help you or you could also ask TurboV6.

Paul Clark said:
Thank you. Didn't notice the "audio" form.
Sorry about that.

No need to apolgize, I just wanted to place this thread where it would get enough exposure.

Paul Clark said:
I need to replace the door speakers for my Concert Sound II system.
Because there are 6 speakers total, do I need something fancy as far as impedence goes, or will anything that fits work okay?
Thanks
If you still have the factory in dash unit, you may want to staly with 8ohm speakers (factory original) type speakers. 4 ohm would probably work Ok, but the impedence would be strange to the radio.
If you have something aftermarket in the dash, look up in the manual to see what is best for it.

Personally, I have the Pioneer 2way replacements all the way around my concert sound. They are all 4 ohm and work beautifully, but I have a Pioneer dash unit that is made for them. Sounds great!

BTW, if you don't know, the door speakers are 5-1/4".

Have a Good Weekend!!

i did the same

I did the same as Zeus i went pioner all the way around the car havent done the dash speakers yet will get around to it but i picked up some 4x10 to 6x9 adapters i had to put up some weater stripping to stop them from rattling b/c of the adapters i got but works fine

Alpine has a pair of 3.5" I just installed last week that fit nicely in the front. Pioneer has a pair that also fit. Not any 3.5" will fit our cars because of the tweeter will hit the dash.

The front doors will need a very shallow 5 1/4" speaker. I think the max depth is 2.5".

The rears not all 6 x 9's will fit. Just make shure you don't get a 6 x 9 that has a huge magnet and ask if they have a good return policy if they don't fit.

Also zeus had mentioned that the stock speaker impedance. Aftermarket speakers is 4 ohm and paralell with the 2 fronts you will get a 2 ohm load, most older stock radios will not handle this low load but I did tons of these G-bodys and never had a problem.

When buying speakers it a good idea to check the sensitivity of the speakers. Standard coaxials is usually 90db+ anything below that you will need a amplifier.

Back