You can type here any text you want

SpeakerWorks/Richard Clark's GN?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ANDYS87

I remember back in the early 90's, always seeing Richard Clark's GN in stereo magazines. I think he bought the car and system off of SpeakerWorks. Is it true that this car's system blew everything away at that time? I read that the sound stage was incredible. I would just like a little historic info on that car. Has anyone ever seen or heard it in person? What did you think about it? Since the car was "retired", has Mr. Clark ever brought it out to any events?

Awesome car. Stage motor. Went to Englishtown in 95 with him and several other guys. Ended up at some point at his shop in Burlington, NC. At the time it had a set of Centerline Champ 500's or something very similar. In the same shop was his 8 mile GNX. The interior of the stereo car look very normal with many hidden speakers. Very badass car. I wish he would post here. It would be nice to talk with him again. The last time I saw him was in 96. He came to my house (in his OTHER GNX) to pick up a Techlock. (bet most guys here never saw one of them!)

I owned a car stereo shop in the early 90's here in southeast N.C.s

I was able to compete in an IASCA event in Charlotte once and R. Clark was there also.Of course he won his class.
I was able to sit in the car and talk to him and listen to the set-up for 10 minutes or so.
YES--the car was that far ahead of it's time.Like i said--i owned a car stereo shop and had heard the best of the best before this.I was dumb-founded,almost speechless.He was an extremely nice person who didn't mind explaining some things in great technical detail.

The car had 700 miles on it when i sat in it---no stage motor at the time.

Geoff

Seen it, heard it, got pics for proof. I used to compete in IASCA in the late 80's through the early 90's. Saw and heard the car multiple times. I actually got to see and hear the car before Richard Clark bought it and it was pretty sweet then. But, I will say that Richard took the car well beyond the realm of what was competing at that time. I have yet to hear another system that staged as good as the GN. I talk to Richard every year at Nats, but can't convince him to bring the car out.
John

6APPEAL,

How do you think Mr. Clark's car would do in today's sound off's? Was it just good for its day, or would it still win today? I'm just wondering what made this car's system so great?

I'd like to say that a strong car from back then would still be a strong car today. Speakerworks did an awesome job on that car.

Richard Clark

Lookquick (Jim Anson) is friends with R Clark if you'd like to meet or whatever.

Craig if you'd like to get out sometimes the High Point/Trinity/Winston Salem gang is very active in dinners, car shows, and racing.

I'll agree with Grocerygetter. The car would be a strong contender without any updates. The rest of the audio world has for the most part caught up, but I'd be willing to bet that Richard has some tricks up his sleeve to push the car well beyond it's good old days. Too much of the stuff I see winning contests today is based on the flash of the system, not sound quality. Flashy installs are neat to look at, but don't do a d*mn thing for the sound. After all, who needs 13 video monitors!
John

Back