Speed channel-NASCAR overload!!!!!

buickboy

I like all racing like the next guy, but it is ridiculous. Everytime i turn on speed channel, it is NASCAR period. It is getting real old.
How about some nostalgic drags or motorcycle ice racing from sweden.
Mitch

They pretty much ruined speedvision IMO. I barely watch it anymore.

I think nascar is absolutely horrible, or any form of motor sports where the vehicles do circles for that matter. However, I understand that it is motorsports and it should be shown on a motorsports channel, but they really need to tone it down.

Chris S

I was dating a girl who worked at the speed channel editing footage. She broke up with me so i now blame the demise of speedvision on her;)

The only thing I watch on Speedvision anymore is Rally. Before Fox bought them I'd watch it almost every night. No more.

I probably watch TNN more :rolleyes:

They'll learn.

The only "roundy round" racing I like watching is sprint cars. I dont like to see them on tv either. I love "My Classic Car" and "Dream car garage".

Totally agree here, there used to be a lot of really cool stuff on speedvision.. you could practically change the channel to 49 (my speedvision) at any time and watch a bit of cool car stuff... now it's new nascar, old nascar, or talking about nascar.

I still try to catch some of the rally racing when I can (insane drivers), and some of the history stuff is pretty cool as I wasn't alive during the late 60s early 70s years. Sigh

Silly Speed channel, I want my good speedvision back!

I noticed this "NASCAR" trend right after they changed the name to SPEED from SpeedVision.....go fast....turn left....ooooohhhh exciting.... Plus they call it stock car racing.....I'll go right down to the Ford dealership and pick up a two door, rear wheel drive, V8 Taurus.

The good new is that they are they only place you can still watch Grand Prix motorcycle racing / AMA Superbikes / World Superbikes.

GO COLIN EDWARDS!!!!!!!

The ~only~ reason I still have SPEED channel on my cable bill is because of the motorcycle roadracing....

John

in the past month every time i change to 'speed whatever its called now' its nascar. i'm wondering if they even show anything else anymore?

There is still tons of other racing and less infomercials than before.
There is WRC, CART, F1, motorcycles, dirt cars, all kinds of stuff. Rolex 24 was on, Sebring and Le Mans too.

If the Nascar stuff pays the bills to keep the other stuff on it is fine with me.

The only thing that is really different is the lack of the lost drive in.
Pretty much all of the old stuff is still on, a lot of it is during the day or late at night. Get a TiVo or something.

Mark F
87 GN 11.9 @ 115

Realize that when FOX bought it (Speedvision) the original intention was NASCAR 24/7. People were outraged and FOX was deluged with hate mail, petitions and so on to keep its original format. Luckily they compromised, they promised to try and keep a 9 hour per day time limit on the NASCAR. Anyone who watched during the transition can remember the anchors (like Bob Varsha) practically pleading for the format to stay te same on the air. They really werent sure if it was going to happen...

So... it coulda been worse!