You can type here any text you want

Speed Compensated Volume

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Boostmeister

I just put a Delco CD player in the GN. Around the volume knob is knob with four settings that is marked SCV. Will this feature work in our cars? If so, how do you turn it on?

It needs to interact with the vehicle speed sensor in order to work. If you are serious about hooking it up, you need to research the design of the VSS on whatever vehicle it came out of, and see how it ties into it. Then you need to see if the VSS on these cars operates in the same manner, and the same frequency scale, and see if you can tie into it or not. Hope this helps.

bob

Thanks, you have answered my question.

The unused connector must connect to the VSS of the car in order for the SCV to function, without that connection, the SCV settings on the knob will do nothing.

I have tried this feature on other GM cars and think it does a lousy job, so I will not be spending any time to try and make it work in the GN.

If this helps any: I have that setup in my 04 Trailblazer and I leave it turned off: totally useless.......

Originally posted by kh440
If this helps any: I have that setup in my 04 Trailblazer and I leave it turned off: totally useless.......

I have it in my 02 Trailblazer and actually don't mind it on low setting. Guess it's totally up to the user.

For you guys with working ones....what does the little LED by the volume knob do. Mine never goes on. Is it activated by the SCV? And which is OFF, the filled in circle or the hollow circle?

The Trailblazers radio doesn't have this light and the compensated volume is controlled thru a menu along with other functions (bass, treble, balance, etc).

That COULD be an alarm like light. Does it blink quickly when the car is off?? I know my Trailblazers radio DOES have that.

HTH...

I'd actually be interested if you get this functioning. I've thought about trying this for the Buick. But I like my Pioneer head unit. :)

For the theftloc? The LED is by the "VOL" lettering.

BTW The theftloc is not turned on on my unit and I don't have the code anyway (junkyard pickup). If I did have the code, how do you activate it?

Yep that's the TheftLok lite. If you ever need to reset the TheftLok you'll find the procedure in the FAQ's in the Electronics, etc forum at ls1.com. Plus a lot of other hints and info on the Monsoons, etc. That's where I found most of my info before I did the install in my SS. :)

Back