Speed Daddy headers for Hot Air's?

I dont think the turbo would work, since it doesnt have the correct compressor housing. The only thing thats interesting to me are the headers, i wouldnt even touch one of those ebay turbos.CHOP!!CHOP!!

Haven't had much free time to mess with there lately....but, here's some of previous progress....

image.jpg

Whats the info on the v-band flange you used on the up pipe. Ive been spening money on other crap and havent got around to getting a set of these for experimentation. Did you get a chance to get an exact measurement on the cuts you made to put that v flange on, or do you think every car will need to be cut differently.

I haven't welded the v band in place yet...it's just sitting there....I ground the welds carefully with a die grinder and a 1/16" cut-off wheel, and took the old flanges off without cutting the pipe. (It was slid into the old flanges and then welded) my plan is to mock this up in the car and tack the v band in place...then have it tig welded. It's hard to say whether each set would be different...I would think if the headers and up pipes are close, that all of these mods would be the same...

I haven't welded the v band in place yet...it's just sitting there....I ground the welds carefully with a die grinder and a 1/16" cut-off wheel, and took the old flanges off without cutting the pipe. (It was slid into the old flanges and then welded) my plan is to mock this up in the car and tack the v band in place...then have it tig welded. It's hard to say whether each set would be different...I would think if the headers and up pipes are close, that all of these mods would be the same...

Lets just hope all the headers are the same with no discrepancies, any way thanks for keeping all of us informed, you and Mike have been the center of my attention when it comes to these headers and the mods needed to possibly make them work. As I get that much closer to starting up my car, all of this information is going to help when it comes time to start a mockup of these on my spare motor.

looks good i wouldmot weld vband incase you need to work on motor/turbo otherwise you have to remove whole header

looks good i wouldmot weld vband incase you need to work on motor/turbo otherwise you have to remove whole header
? I have to weld the v band flanges to the pipes....that's what I'm talking about when I say welding....the up pipe will still be removable.

Lets just hope all the headers are the same with no discrepancies, any way thanks for keeping all of us informed, you and Mike have been the center of my attention when it comes to these headers and the mods needed to possibly make them work. As I get that much closer to starting up my car, all of this information is going to help when it comes time to start a mockup of these on my spare motor.
Mine are cut to the same specs as turbo nut 85s , so they have to be pretty close have not got to upipe yet it is slightly diff on a draw threw system

I was thinking about cutting mine at the weld above the 02 sensor on the uppipe and putting a clamp there so it is easy to access valve cover splitting the dp also, sick of trying to get#6plug wire off and it would be alot more easy to torque header bolts. Need to mockit up with valve cover spacers.

Getting closer with these...got em mocked up on the car now. Had to shave some off the flanges to get them to clear the bottom of my GN1 heads, and more of the flanges need trimmed so they won't be touching the plug wire boots. Also had to modify the starter heat shield to clear the v band flange on the pass side header. Still need to fit the up pipe and weld the v band in place. More to come...

Took mikes idea and ran with it....getting VERY close now....hope to have it running with these this week...or sooner!
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Awesome! Time to order mine and start the fabbing. Is the O2 bung going to interfere with a/c compressor or will it clear.