Speed Daddy headers for Hot Air's?

I got my headers yesterday and mocked them up today. The up pipe is really bad no alignment at all, but the cross over looks as though it will fit with a little cutting. Gonna start cutting and fitting these this week and order my v bands tomarrow.
Just an FYI on v band....the 2-1/4" has to be butt welded, (that's what I used) and the 2-1/2" is too big. They used an odd ball pipe size...it's 2-1/4 I.D.

Well I took the crossover pipe to work so I could cut it to the lengths posted by turbonut. I test fit it when I got home and its fitting very well but still have to weld the slip for the passenger header to crossover. Im going to wait for my v band flange to get here and finish the up pipe mods. Heres some shots on a spare motor, please excuse my messy, dirty garage.

Attachments

• speed daddy headers 019.jpg
    speed daddy headers 019.jpg
    574.1 KB · Views: 517
  • speed daddy headers 017.jpg
    speed daddy headers 017.jpg
    686.7 KB · Views: 447
  • speed daddy headers 025.jpg
    speed daddy headers 025.jpg
    673.9 KB · Views: 459
looks almost identical to the way mine fit. How much did you cut off your crossover? I cut about 1/2" off and then tig welded that piece on to the bottom of the pass side header....

Looking good!! I wish I had a motor mock up to help with the fitment and fabrication ...... I'm curious to see a pic of the fitment issue with the crossover and header you guys mention maybe . One of u guys can snap a pic of before and after fabrication :)

1/2 inch on insert and 1 1/4 off the receiving end but ground just a little more for the fit. Ill weld the 1/2 inch piece to pass. Header soon.

turbobooster said:
Looking good!! I wish I had a motor mock up to help with the fitment and fabrication ...... I'm curious to see a pic of the fitment issue with the crossover and header you guys mention maybe . One of u guys can snap a pic of before and after fabrication :)

Not really too big a problem other than its too long and has to be shortened, the real work will begin when modding the up pipe but should be a walk in the park.

The more and more I read and view pics over and over lol the easier it seems to modify with all the info and pictures u guys have provided here thanx for that guys! the welding and fabrication of it is pretty easy for me as I been doing custom fabrication for a while .... Anyway so where are u guys ordering the whole v band and v clamps kit set from ? Also I've never dealt with these kind of. Connections on a car but I hear they are good connections for exhaust do these v band style connections seal up 100% tight? Or is there a round gasket that seats in between the v bands?

I got these things mocked up and tack welded. These things fit just rite now, no forcing them at all to make them fit. Ill be taking them to work monday for final welding with a tig welder. Heres a few snapshots of them tacked up on motor:
View attachment 186551
tacked up daddys 005.JPG
tacked up daddys 001.JPG
tacked up daddys 006.JPG
tacked up daddys 005.JPG
tacked up daddys 001.JPG
tacked up daddys 006.JPG

Lookin good! I think I'm gonna put some header wrap around the up pipe....mine is already blue from the heat...and it's only an inch from the valve cover, so I can only imagine how much heat is transferring to the valve train....

turbonut85 said:
Lookin good! I think I'm gonna put some header wrap around the up pipe....mine is already blue from the heat...and it's only an inch from the valve cover, so I can only imagine how much heat is transferring to the valve train....

I was thinking about wraping it also maybe even the headers

I am thinking about ceramic coating my valve covers the pass side always has burnt oil on the inside where the up and dp are. Just think of the heat on the valve train. Ceramic coating the headers on my car black

I know someone already said it but, for sure these will flow better than stockers? How complicated to make this work with a 3" downpipe and 3" dual exhaust? Any extra unforseen work with that kind of setup from what you guys have already done. I currently have a stock exhaust setup on my car right now (up-pipe, downpipe, crossover, etc.) I want to upgrade soon to 3" Dp and pipes so obviously I need to change at least the stock crossover, and mind as well at that point do the headers as well. As long as it would be an upgrade. Just wanted to see if what you guys have already done, works with what i have in mind. Its obviously next to impossible to find good Kenne bell or Postons stuff. This seems like the way to go. Hats off to those that have worked so hard on making this work and so graciously sharing it within the community for all to benefit from. Any help to answer my concerns is greatly appreciated. You guys rock for doing this! Nice work. They look really good, and will benefit all who are hopelessly pulling their hair out like me to find a good aftermarket header. Thanks in advance. - Jimmy

So I'm sitting here thinking I should kick myself in the a$$ for not getting another set when I had the chance. I also think that for this new price "THEY BETTER BE BOLT ON!" Hope they fixed them!

They doubled the price tag, probably because they sold 10 sets after this thread was created.