Speed Daddy headers for Hot Air's?

You should start with crossover pipe mods and finish with the up pipe mods and finally the spark plug boot areas.

The issues look to be all the same issues I had. You can improve the fit slightly by shifting the pass side header around on the head...not sure what that will do to your port alignment, but unless you're pushing it hard on the track...it shouldn't be an issue. As for the rest of the fitment....only solution is cut and weld.....

What are the actual gains gonna be on them ? And is it worth the time and laber to make them work ?from what I was told with are headers stock will reach tens..and personally I wrap all my headers ..mine are ment for all buissiness not for looks . George
20130330_125714.jpg

The stock IC headers have made it into the 10's but I don't know that the HA headers have. There are quite a few improvements that can be done to help spool the HA turbo as well as improve flow and these look like they're the next best thing other than making a set from scratch.;)

As far as I can tell, even the last of the cast manifolds move enough air to get the job done...

I dont see any advantage to the headers other then we all are falling into the old hot rodders band wagon and we "have" to have a set of shiney cheap chrome headers to say "yea its got headers"

who remembers how well the cast 2.5" Rams Horns manifolds for the SBC were....... people were yanking them off only to realize they were loosing power...

exhaust flow is the least of any of our concerns until it hits the turbo.... a good down pipe is definitly a great upgrade... but as for anything else... the buick proves and proves to us time and time again... its getting the air in through that something else of an intake is the biggest concern.

I dont see these headers making the HA anything more then it already is.......... E85 however.......... changes the ball game.

in my opinion

These ARE an improvement over the stockers...how much? Who knows....(prolly not much) Are they worth the hassle?? Who knows? Prolly not unless you are able to do the fab work yourself. Prolly not unless you are really pushing the car to the limits...prolly not if your turbo isn't custom made(MORE than a TA33 or a TA44).....JMHO....

I agree with you doc .I would spend all that time doing my intake cuase we know it works , atleast I did, and we will see when my custom 64mm gets here what it will do.with the stock headers

I've just received a Turbo Kit including these headers. Will post pictures here once I try the fitment. Looks like a lot of work will be involved :)

They're designed for high port heads which move the exhaust ports higher up on the heads. If you take some gasket material and copy the port configuration and compare that to the header you'll notice a bit of difference. The headers will be bigger than the head ports.;)

The headers will be bigger than the head ports
Ah -- not only port size, but port location. Well observed. I was ready to blame "Speed Daddy", but will refrain from that :)

I'll see what I'll do. I'm afraid grinding to make it fit would leave very little material... A lower-profile/"customized" valve cover might do it.

You'll need to do some cutting and welding anyway for them to fit so just cut the flange off and move it out of the way. If you cut a small wedge out where it's welded at one of the joints then re-weld it so the flange is up more it will save you a lot of issues in the end.;) Remember, you're trying to adapt a header for a different head design so you'll need to do some customizing to make things work.:eek:

I don't know if there is an excessive amount of difference between the blocks, but have you considered trying to swap a modern top end on the block? It could still stay odd fire

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I don't know if there is an excessive amount of difference between the blocks, but have you considered trying to swap a modern top end on the block? It could still stay odd fire

Heads have to be for the odd fire Aj. They changed the water passengers when the even fire block came out in mid 77.;)

Heads have to be for the odd fire Aj. They changed the water passengers when the even fire block came out in mid 77.;)

I had thought sooo..... this looks like a very fruitless challenge. It will be cool to pull off and show its done, but I worry the performance will be disappointing.

My "critical to success" list for this project is modest - learning, having a working engine with 20-something mpg and 180-190 hp. I've made lots of mis-evaluations so far...:) but once this odd fire has replaced the 231 in my Cutlass, I'll work on that 1984 231 and it will be a more powerful and less "odd" build... And less mis-calculations in the process :)