Speed Daddy headers for Hot Air's?

So tell me guys, of the ones that have modified these to work who has actually cut the flanges where header meets the head. Last time i mocked up the headers the flanges protruded out & blocked the spark plug wires.

After test fitting and putting on the wires, and of course a word from the wise (Keith) I also ground them down to clear the wires

I used a 4" grinder and a grinding disk. I marked them with a black marker and ground them, check fitted and repeated till I felt I had enough off

It's funny,

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 227
1385764626206.jpg

This is what the headers will look like in terms of port matching with my "evil" odd fire heads.

It's porting season...!

Some sort of offset...?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

This spring if I have extra cash I might buy a set of these, I know a welder.

It would be cool to get dyno results from stock to these headers.

Looking at the pics, i would have to use the inlet bell between the turbo and intake? When i got my "84 it didnt use the inlet bell. The guy i bought it from says it has a turbo off a '86 or '87 yr. I guess thats why mine done use it.

Looking at the pics, i would have to use the inlet bell between the turbo and intake? When i got my "84 it didnt use the inlet bell. The guy i bought it from says it has a turbo off a '86 or '87 yr. I guess thats why mine done use it.

Is your turbo clocked or why no adaptor, do you have an adaptor welded or maybe,,,,,. Why would you have to use the inlet bell adaptor. Feel free to post any pics. We like pics!

Rude Dog, i thought all '84-'85 used the inlet bell. After i seen mine i thought the '86-'87 turbo wouldnt have to use it. The turbo just goes straight down into the intake, Sorry dont have a pic of it.