Speed Daddy headers for Hot Air's?

Nah! I think you have done great! I'd be proud of the ground covered already. Me and Charlie speak from our own mistakes that took us years to figure out half of what we know now.

A.j. :D

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I called speed daddy and they informed me that they do not and never did make a set of headers for our cars I don't know!

The ones we modified on this thread are advertised as 86-87 headers but in reality they were meant for the 84-85s. They don't fit and need to be modified slightly in order to make them work.

Do u have a part number of the kit you bought?

I called speed daddy and they informed me that they do not and never did make a set of headers for our cars I don't know!

they probably don't "make" any headers for anything... they import a lot of them, tho...

they look BADASS

If you get these remember that they have to be modified to fit and the Purdy look don't last because they turn blue with exhaust heat.
Its better to wrap them to keep temps down.
Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

its just nice to see new possible options for hot air headers hopefully one day there will be more options than the older ones not made any more
would the stock headers and 3 inch body downpipe be a significant improvement to the little downpipe that comes stock

I have a set they look nice....gonna fab it up with a stainless flex pipe for the turbo up pipe

So after mocking them up they are not that far out......if anything I would get a spacer machined with a slight angle where the up pipe connects and no fab work is needed to fit and it clears ( everything still on motor but engine out of car)......the cross pipe I haven't tried yet but I'm sure it would prob need shortened and the flange needs to be filed down a little bit for the spark plugs to fit nicely without any issues

its just nice to see new possible options for hot air headers hopefully one day there will be more options than the older ones not made any more
would the stock headers and 3 inch body downpipe be a significant improvement to the little downpipe that comes stock

The two most restrictive areas in the hot air exhaust system are the passenger side stock header, and the cast elbow at the turbo....the stock downpipe would be a close third place as far as restrictions. Reducing these three restrictions will greatly improve spool up and overall flow for sure. It wouldn't be a "cure all" for hot air motors in general, as there are many other design flaws in the system, but it would definitely help things.

So.... i bought a set of these and like others said they look very nice. I do see one weird thing. At all of the flanges they are welded on at the size of the tubing except for one that is scrunched down some. Why would they do that? IE if all of the tubing is 2.5", this one particular one is 2" at the flange. If i remember right it is on the passenger side header where the crossover pipe connects to the header.

So.... i bought a set of these and like others said they look very nice. I do see one weird thing. At all of the flanges they are welded on at the size of the tubing except for one that is scrunched down some. Why would they do that? IE if all of the tubing is 2.5", this one particular one is 2" at the flange. If i remember right it is on the passenger side header where the crossover pipe connects to the header.
Are you talking about crosspipe.....if so they did it that way cause. A. There Chinese and B. it makes it easier to put on, put drivers side on first then slip on passenger side and move towards flange......this all after shortening it of course