You can type here any text you want

Speed Daddy Headers

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
how do they compare to the factory HA headers? same shape? is it really an up pipe built in? inquiring minds want to know!

how do they compare to the factory HA headers? same shape? is it really an up pipe built in? inquiring minds want to know!
The pipes are way bigger did not think the factory hot airs wre big enough to bolt to my champiom heads these will no problem. The log pipe ia way bigger and they match the gaskets perfect , feel nice and thick all and all tickled pink.On my way to see how they fit on my mockup, motor still have my numbers matching motor on a stand just in case if that idiot ask ir it has the numbers matching motor when or if it gets sold but after 15 years might as well keep it.And yes A.j the uppipe is built to the header will post pics if my buddy is home.

So are these hot air headers then and misadvertised as 86-87 ones. You say they are thick how do you rate the quality of the material and welds used, cant wait to see some pics. If these headers turn out to be something good its going to save a lot of hot air TBs from having to search for something that isnt available.

So are these hot air headers then and misadvertised as 86-87 ones. You say they are thick how do you rate the quality of the material and welds used, cant wait to see some pics. If these headers turn out to be something good its going to save a lot of hot air TBs from having to search for something that isnt available.
They look exactly like the pics quality of material is very good,nice thick flanges,good fitmant on headerbolts and crossover.Like the welds on everything except the bottomm of the primary tubes to flages at the bottom they are welded on the inside, sides and top are welded on outside. Primary tubes are 1-5/8 approx and pass side uppipe -headerlog is2.5 as is the cross over and upipe extension. Forgot to take oilpan do not know if it will clear my RJC deep oil pan?Turbo nut 85 does yours have a deep pan? Things I dont like primary tubes are not pounded to fit the on bottm and top on insides,the uppipe flange on pass header veryclose to rocker cover but will clear rollers but the covers will never come off, so i might chage the up pipe flange a little lower and I do not know if it willclear a carb turbo dp also for got to take mockup turbo other than that they rock for 220 bucks. HINT HINT I would pay a hell of alot more for if one of the venders would make a passenger side copy of a Poston style header in fact would prob go 800 or better for the same kit made in usa minus the uppipe like the new 87 headers.Will post pics tommorow

2 hrs by car and I gotta wait another day.... :(
LMAO lif is a drag sometimes. Ive been waiting like a kid on crhistmas, your car is a 4.1 right? And for all youb4black guys I will post pics of my champion Irons tomorrow going on the 4.1

Those are 86-87 headers and Chinese made. Unless the quality of the Chinese stuff has greatly improved, I would avoid them.
If some one would make hot air headers than we would have an option until then china it is. We have been asking for them for years but not one vender can supply them even though some have made comments about making them never beleived them any way talk is cheap

They look exactly like the pics quality of material is very good,nice thick flanges,good fitmant on headerbolts and crossover.Like the welds on everything except the bottomm of the primary tubes to flages at the bottom they are welded on the inside, sides and top are welded on outside. Primary tubes are 1-5/8 approx and pass side uppipe -headerlog is2.5 as is the cross over and upipe extension. Forgot to take oilpan do not know if it will clear my RJC deep oil pan?Turbo nut 85 does yours have a deep pan? Things I dont like primary tubes are not pounded to fit the on bottm and top on insides,the uppipe flange on pass header veryclose to rocker cover but will clear rollers but the covers will never come off, so i might chage the up pipe flange a little lower and I do not know if it willclear a carb turbo dp also for got to take mockup turbo other than that they rock for 220 bucks. HINT HINT I would pay a hell of alot more for if one of the venders would make a passenger side copy of a Poston style header in fact would prob go 800 or better for the same kit made in usa minus the uppipe like the new 87 headers.Will post pics tommorow

Great news! We will need different uppipe than the hot airs anyway (their turbo inlet is a little different than ours). I think I would also prefer cutting off their flange and welding on a stock style flange that will 1) work with the stock uppipe and 2) not get in the way of the rocker cover.

A long time ago, I passed up buying a Poston's passenger side header for $50 at the GSCA Nationals. I kick myslef every now and then for that. :oops:

Great news! We will need different uppipe than the hot airs anyway (their turbo inlet is a little different than ours). I think I would also prefer cutting off their flange and welding on a stock style flange that will 1) work with the stock uppipe and 2) not get in the way of the rocker cover.

A long time ago, I passed up buying a Poston's passenger side header for $50 at the GSCA Nationals. I kick myslef every now and then for that. :oops:
I should have got some 15 or 16 years agowhen the car was purchased did not think postons or kenne bell would stop vending

I should have got some 15 or 16 years agowhen the car was purchased did not think postons or kenne bell would stop vending

Pop Kennedy died, Jim Bell got old, and Poston just faded away. Thank goodness for TA Performance and the other vendors making Buick parts.

Back