You can type here any text you want

Speed Daddy Headers

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Sorry guys did not feel good todat gettn old sucks will take my oil pan and turbo out sunday will post the pics already taken sun before I go as long as my buddy is home take it easy Mike

OK guys went out tonight with the turbo and oil pan and fished mocking the headers all and all good fit.The up pipe should work perfect with no or very little modding. Not really concerned running rollers , the UP and Dp will have to be modded slightly to compensate for taller covers.The only problem Im see are the right headercrossover conection as stated by turbonut85 and the cross over need to be shortened a tad and alittle flange connector straightening going to do alittle hammer dollying on flanges to get them squared up a little better.Worse case new connector flanges not a big deal . Would I reccomed them to people yes if you are mechanicaly inclined and dont mond messing around with something a little,or you dont mind paying somone else to do it hell yeah think for 220 shipped I can get these things the way they need be for very little expense. If I were not mechanicly inclined not used to fabbing or making things work or expect perfect TA performance quality parts for 200 bucks I would not buy them. But for me and my app they will work great and still need less work than the factory hot air headers I have now.Thank you guys for all your input and BY THE WAY VENDORS WILL BUY A SET OF HEADERS FORM YOU GUYS IF ANY WANTS TO MAKE THEM ASK THESE GUYS THEY WANT SOME TO. Mike

You know the sad thing is these headers are getting ceramic coated black before final install. It is a shame to cover that shiny stainless up

^^^
Hahaha I bet it is! But it's needed on these right? to make 'em last a bit better....also heard if you coat the inside it helps with the flow??
Im not for sure, I just read alot of stuff and cant remember where half the time! undefined

^^^
Hahaha I bet it is! But it's needed on these right? to make 'em last a bit better....also heard if you coat the inside it helps with the flow??
Im not for sure, I just read alot of stuff and cant remember where half the time! undefined
I just want to cut down on radiant heat there is a lot of exhaust heating up things under the hood. Will probablt not headers till next winter only the up and DP now need to save money to pay for the 4.1 bill machining is not cheap but paid a healthy deposit so it should not hurt to much more.

Done fitting the headers dropping off pass header to get tig welded tues at lunch ,then these things should be done and ready except for my up pipe.Thinking about ditching the flanges when the upipe is extended need valve cover spacer first.

I will get the upipe figured out been buying parts for my 4.1 all i need are the lifters, roller rockers ,valve cover spacers and send the intake to extrude hone . Got a brand new GM timing cover from Earl Brown fully modded what a score this thing should run hard.

I will get the upipe figured out been buying parts for my 4.1 all i need are the lifters, roller rockers ,valve cover spacers and send the intake to extrude hone . Got a brand new GM timing cover from Earl Brown fully modded what a score this thing should run hard.

Mike
It sounds like your build is going to be plenty tuff. How much does extrude hone charge to do a intake on our cars.

Mike
It sounds like your build is going to be plenty tuff. How much does extrude hone charge to do a intake on our cars.
Around 375 for a streetport figured Iwould get that and set it on a flow bench and balance the runners from there my car is not a drag car just a daily driver

The only diff on uppipe is flange to turbo it has a gasket ours have a flange cut off the uppipe conec at the turbo and weld a b4 black type flange simple. The only reason mine needs more mods are the roller rockers if you do not have them it is very simple probly less than 150 total parts and profesional weld cost probablt less

Back