You can type here any text you want

Speed pro moly ring gaps

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Pablo

filing ring gaps here

What gaps do you guys suggest? Engine will be pushed pretty hard but really for not much more than a 1/4 mile at a time. I'm aiming for mid bottom tens with the combo.

So far I have them at 19-20 ish for the top and 23-24 for the bottom. Sound good?

3.800 bore ??

I use .018 top and .021 second. Just had one back apart after 5 track passes and maybe 100 street miles. That appeared to be perfect. I saw 0 black between the first and second ring on side of piston. This was a 3.805 bore. I also remove a couple of the 2 top piston rings and saw no sign of butting. I know of one instance where the builder set the top @ .016. A little too tight for me. Best of luck.

I screwed up. I got a little carried away with one of the bottom rings and ended up with .029 gap.

I'm contemplating running it. Top ring on that one is at .020

Will I be ok or do I need new rings?

the rest of them came out good at around .019 top to .021-.022 bottom

btw this is a 3.830 bore

19 to 21 on top and 24 to 26 on bottom, thats what most reputable builders use if you are going to push the motor hard..I saw billy anderson recommend those gaps quite a few times on some of his post, do a search..

I just got done reading it chuck. Very informative. Thank you.

Back