Speedo way off....HELP!!

EFFNQWKWE4

My car was stolen and recovered, and since I've got it back on the road, my speedo is reading roughly 20-30 mph fast. Is there an electronic speed sensor in the tranny, or is it something else? Also, the car shuts down at about 100mph or so. I'm guessing that since the speedo is reading fast, it's triggering the governor? Or, is the governor controlled by the chip? my tires are 235/60/15's, and weren't a problem before the car was stolen. Lastly, my trans is pretty much FUBAR, I need a rebuild and am planning on doing that real soon, but I need to know what to tell the guy who builds the trans in relation to my speedo problem. Any help or advice will be GREATLY appreciated! TIA!

Originally posted by EFFNQWKWE4
My car was stolen and recovered, and since I've got it back on the road, my speedo is reading roughly 20-30 mph fast. Is there an electronic speed sensor in the tranny, or is it something else? Also, the car shuts down at about 100mph or so. I'm guessing that since the speedo is reading fast, it's triggering the governor? Or, is the governor controlled by the chip? my tires are 235/60/15's, and weren't a problem before the car was stolen. Lastly, my trans is pretty much FUBAR, I need a rebuild and am planning on doing that real soon, but I need to know what to tell the guy who builds the trans in relation to my speedo problem. Any help or advice will be GREATLY appreciated! TIA!

The speed sensor is in the back of the dash.

Yes, the oem speed limiter is about 130.

Yes, the speed limiter is set in the chip.

Stick to one of the well know tranny guys!. If you don't want to ship it to one of them, then check with the local TR guys for one they can recommend. There's lots of tranny guys that can't get a 200R4 right.

How tough is it to get to the speed sensor and fix my problem? I have several local TR guys that can help if needed, but doing myself is prolly gonna be faster if it's not too complicated. Any tips?